Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel pressure

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel pressure
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi i have a 347 stroker naturally aspirated running 42lb injectors asking what fuel pump lph i need? Can anyone help
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
255lph should be fine.

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
Martinna
¯
Member # 12493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martinna  Ford pictures for Martinna        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A V8 with 42lbs injectors running at 90% duty cycle needs 190 lph or 50gal/hr. This can get you 600HP NA or 500HP boosted. To make 500HP naturally aspirated, you only need to run the injectors at 75% duty cycle. For a V8, that's 160lph. Looks like you want a 190lph pump. Buy the summit house brand pumps. They're Walbros, just like BBK and other brands that charge you more for the logo.
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Martinna:
A V8 with 42lbs injectors running at 90% duty cycle needs 190 lph or 50gal/hr. This can get you 600HP NA or 500HP boosted. To make 500HP naturally aspirated, you only need to run the injectors at 75% duty cycle. For a V8, that's 160lph. Looks like you want a 190lph pump. Buy the summit house brand pumps. They're Walbros, just like BBK and other brands that charge you more for the logo.

Hmmm interesting. Thanks I'll look it up

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com