Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Horn honking while turns at slow speeds

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Horn honking while turns at slow speeds
naked5.0notch
¯
Member # 14058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for naked5.0notch  Ford pictures for naked5.0notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys,
Just noticed this when I was parking at work but the horn was honking without pressing the horn buttons. It started when pressed the white key release button on the bottom of the column then would do it when I turned the wheel. What wires to check first ? Prior to this the horn wouldn't honk when pressing the horn button on the steering wheel

Thanks for the help

Riggidy
¯
Member # 14194

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Riggidy  Ford pictures for Riggidy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im not sure what year you have but my 89 was doing the same thing.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-1988-1989-MUSTANG-HORN-BUTTON-REPAIR-PAD-/161806216691?hash=item25ac66edf3:m:m_ub16UASRGvzIHXM93Bz2A&vxp=mtr

....Was the fix.

naked5.0notch
¯
Member # 14058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for naked5.0notch  Ford pictures for naked5.0notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry 1990 with the air bag
ford521
¯
Member # 14321

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ford521  Ford pictures for ford521  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
since its an air bag vehicle I would guess that the clockspring is no good (in between the wheel and turn sig switch) very common failure
blazer707
¯
Member # 13842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blazer707  Ford pictures for blazer707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
clockspring

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com