Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Long tube headers..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Long tube headers..
93ex chp
¯
Member # 9016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ex chp  Ford pictures for 93ex chp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking to get some longtube headers for my 02 gt. Just want to see what would be a good choice/ best fit since i have read mixed reviews on pretty much all the brands. I know whatever i choose to go with will be ceramic coated with a 3" collector
Thanks cafords!

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BBK is good.
Bassani is even nicer.

I've only had those two brands in the past, and have had good experience with them. BBK on my GT, Bassani LT on my 03 Cobra.

Either way most top name brands are pretty good. Enjoy installing then if you're doing it, every curse word in the book will come out. but once they're in its gonna look clean.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
93ex chp
¯
Member # 9016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ex chp  Ford pictures for 93ex chp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have read that on the bbk headers some bolts dont fit?? How did u go about that? Also did you use bbks gaskets or factory ones? and yeah im thinking of doing the install myself but i am going to get a few quotes on the install. If reasonable ill just Save myself the headache cuts and bruises lol.
quote:
Originally posted by Autumnstang97:
BBK is good.
Bassani is even nicer.

I've only had those two brands in the past, and have had good experience with them. BBK on my GT, Bassani LT on my 03 Cobra.

Either way most top name brands are pretty good. Enjoy installing then if you're doing it, every curse word in the book will come out. but once they're in its gonna look clean.

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My BBK headers came with gaskets that I used, and the bolts lined up and fit pretty well with my kit. Sometimes the studs don't come out on the heads so you can just reuse the nut that came off. I soaked mine with WD40 over night since my engine was on a stand at the time. If you have a cherry picker, chain the engine up and lift it about 6 inches or so to give you room.

Disconnect your battery. You will be working close to the starter...I'm sure you know that, just a friendly reminder.

Take your time doing it so it goes in smooth. One step at a time. Give yourself a lot of space under the car and try to keep it leveled on stands. You should be good to go.

I also used some anti seize on the bolts in the event I had to take the headers out.

[ 2016-04-03, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Autumnstang97 ]

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your looking for a shop to do i know it might be a drive but Jeremy sacstangdriver is really good with these swaps.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

93ex chp
¯
Member # 9016

Thanks man ill send him a pm. Heard nothing but good things of him on here!!
quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:
If your looking for a shop to do i know it might be a drive but Jeremy sacstangdriver is really good with these swaps.

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got some mac long tubes with matching hpipe pm if interested
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com