Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » How to adjust the BBK Adjustable clutch cable

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How to adjust the BBK Adjustable clutch cable
sidhu50
¯
Member # 13602

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sidhu50  Ford pictures for sidhu50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi all, I've put in new clutch kit along with new adjustable cable in my 1994 mustang gt 5.0, how much do I have to fight up the table right now I have it tight enough where the throwout bearing touches the pressure plate. Please help it's a ram clutch kit with BBK adjustable cable. Thanks
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please re explain your question. im having a hard time understanding what your trying to say

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
sidhu50
¯
Member # 13602

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sidhu50  Ford pictures for sidhu50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm asking how do I adjust the clutch cable ? And how much do I have to the tight the bolt up to? BASCIALLY trying to say once I run the clutch cable trough the clutch cable how much do I have to adjust that?
Oliver
Member # 14274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oliver  Ford pictures for Oliver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you proof read your posts before you submit them? if not, read them and you will see the issues.
sidhu50
¯
Member # 13602

Sorry didn't quite read my post before I posted it.

I meant to ask how do I adjust the adjustable clutch cable?

93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you just replace the cable or both the fire wall adj and cable if not your going to have problems
if so then make it tight and turn it a 1/4 turn and see if that going in gear if not tight it up till it does with no force that how I did mine

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The cable has a threaded end at the fork end. Loosen the locking nut and adjust the other end as needed. What your adjusting is pedal travel vs engagement. You want full engagement of the clutch to ease in shifting but you don't want it to release really high off the ground. That's the point of an andjustable. Maybe 2-3" off the floor at full release you might like. Just keep messing with the adjusting nut till you find a sweet spot. MAKE SURE TO TIGHTEN THE LOCKING NUT

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you guys cant under stand hurting your feelings dude, this guy is the same lol. tighten it till a 1/16 of slop, should not be tight. should be just a tad loose, readjust within a hour of driving. dont burn it on your headers.
MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As Duncan said.....
The worst thing you can do is have the throw out bearing riding against the pressure plate, there HAS TO BE some clearance.
If it is touching,you will find yourself changing it in no time at all.

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com