Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS VS TEAMZ KMEMBER (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: MAXIMUM MOTORSPORTS VS TEAMZ KMEMBER
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking at them both as kmember sprited drifts and donuts and overall handling. both about the same price but which is a better choice? not committed to either brand but concerned with which will cause me less headaches and perform better overall. thanks for your comments

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mms k member is a purpose built component for handling and durability. The geometry has been altered for handling as well as having two control arm mounting point options.

Team z "Autocross" k member is nothing but a basic tubular k member with added gussets and thicker material for durability....nothing more nothing less.

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Better overall I would say maximum over all other brands. Fit and finish is spot on, never really seen a broken component from them. And if your gonna be doing anything crazy why not get the best you can buy (arguably) and be safe?

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mm k member is like 700 for just the k member and team z you get the k member control arms and coil over kit for 750. I have team z kit on my car and it's a nice piece.

You can order the team z from them directly but you will shipping fees if you get it from latemodelrestorarion it's 750 free shippin no taxes.

[ 2016-01-28, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: ed650 ]

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
Riggidy
¯
Member # 14194

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Riggidy  Ford pictures for Riggidy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Team z if you are going straight

MM if you are turning

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK, im comparing the team z autocross kmember to the autocross mm dunno if that makes any difference

Product Code: TZM-AC-KMEMBER heres the part number

[ 2016-01-28, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: 84SVOrick ]

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MM specializes in one things, it just so happens that their shit is so good, it's helps go straight as well. Buy mm and never look back

--------------------
King Lx

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Teamz everything some of the hits I seen teamz parts take is crazy an the held up.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

I read an artical about how stangtv installed a new team z kmember designed for road corse with qa1 coilovers. They started the new kmember when they worked with the ford racing team on the cobra jet. I know mm is tried and true but there price point is way better then mm. So is there any REAL differences like quality, material, geometry???? Not much for specs on the team z from their site

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Call teamz Dave and company are great to talk to. Or shoot the a email I get answered with 24 hrs.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maximum Motorsports hands down. Duncan Motors in Vallejo is an authorized dealer.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MM is hands down the best you can buy. They have been proven countless times and have focused strictly on geometry, durability, and functionality for many years. There are reasons why they cost a pretty penny, but you get what you pay for.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
team z is for drag, an well break because its flimsy and to light weight, maximum is up there with griggs an cortex, no other company comes close or should ever be compared to those three companys. they are the best for hundreds of reasons hands down.
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
team z is for drag, an well break because its flimsy and to light weight, maximum is up there with griggs an cortex, no other company comes close or should ever be compared to those three companys. they are the best for hundreds of reasons hands down.

Ive been reading about cortex and griggs. for the $$$ which would you recommend. not basing it on the most expensive. i do have a budget.

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
quote:

Ive been reading about cortex and griggs. for the $$$ which would you recommend. not basing it on the most expensive. i do have a budget.
I think MM is gonna be your best bet. It may seem like a lot but when it holds up for years and years of abuse and someone is talking about a bad k member or shitty welds on a upr team z piece you'll be happy you spent the what? Extra 100 bucks per piece or package per say

--------------------
King Lx

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Teamz everything look at the aduse drag cars or giving teamz k members and parts pass after pass slamming down on the front suspension and the hold up.
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
Teamz everything look at the aduse drag cars or giving teamz k members and parts pass after pass slamming down on the front suspension and the hold up.

front suspension and the hold up. [/QB][/QUOTE]
If you are slamming your front end down at the drag strip that's not how you go fast lol and the struts are taking the brunt of that impact anyway. We are talking about cornering loads put on a k member completely different scenarios.

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by Saleen 00-768:
quote:

front suspension and the hold up.
If you are slamming your front end down at the drag strip that's not how you go fast lol and the struts are taking the brunt of that impact anyway. We are talking about cornering loads put on a k member completely different scenarios. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Something tells me you haven't driven a fast car down the track. It's not just point and shoot. How many different road race spec cages are out there?

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Saleen 00-768:
quote:

front suspension and the hold up.
If you are slamming your front end down at the drag strip that's not how you go fast lol and the struts are taking the brunt of that impact anyway. We are talking about cornering loads put on a k member completely different scenarios.
Something tells me you haven't driven a fast car down the track. It's not just point and shoot. How many different road race spec cages are out there? [/QB][/QUOTE]
Something tells me you shouldn't be giving suspension advice to anyone who doesn't want to get them selves killed on a road course old man. Sounds like wherever you learned to launch a car wasn't the way to go fast if ur slamming front end into ground lol.

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm full front MM suspension, their products are SOLID. I built my car for a lot of street driving and drag but it can also carve a corner if I needed to.
Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
above is right about completely different loads from drag to road course, a drag k member is not built for a corning side loads at all. get maximum for drift or road course, hurting your feelings is prob on team z nuts for how ignorant he sounded.
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

quote:
above is right about completely different loads from drag to road course, a drag k member is not built for a corning side loads at all. get maximum for drift or road course, hurting your feelings is prob on team z nuts for how ignorant he sounded.

So Duncan, which would benefit me more front and rear mm coil overs or a front kmember package with front coilovers??

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

if your not getting a high angle coil over kit, you dont need coil overs. your set up you listed with the 95 stuff is no angle at all, might as well just build it like any other street car. obviously a k member has a bunch of super benefits, yes coil overs are cool, but my stage one kit and stage two do not use them, and handle just fine with out them. Ricardo larin has the stage two kit with no coil overs if you have ever seen him drive. I personally wouldn't use coil overs unless you wana spend money or wanna grow into a bigger kit later. by the way ric is selling his kit an going to a stage three this year soon. if you can get the k member package with coil ovcers and it aint gona pocket break you then get it, but you can not use regular arms at that point, either my arms or tubular arms only.
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

go on face book and look up fmc. its a all fords drift website. a lot of great info.
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

quote:
if your not getting a high angle coil over kit, you dont need coil overs. your set up you listed with the 95 stuff is no angle at all, might as well just build it like any other street car. obviously a k member has a bunch of super benefits, yes coil overs are cool, but my stage one kit and stage two do not use them, and handle just fine with out them. Ricardo larin has the stage two kit with no coil overs if you have ever seen him drive. I personally wouldn't use coil overs unless you wana spend money or wanna grow into a bigger kit later. by the way ric is selling his kit an going to a stage three this year soon. if you can get the k member package with coil ovcers and it aint gona pocket break you then get it, but you can not use regular arms at that point, either my arms or tubular arms only.

Im looking to get a good foundation rite now, im looking to get my feet wet in real drifting. Rite now im plannin On doing the coil overs to get it stiff, got older shocks and struts which arent that great. Im not finding any high angle kits or any kits that mention that. I also plan on growing with it so the parts i do Buy i want to be compatible with what im growing toward. I will be getting a kmember Hopefully sometime this year due to not having alot of clearence with my 7qt road race pan. What would you strongly recommend?

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com