Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Smogable Cam with engine setup

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Smogable Cam with engine setup
TommyK
¯
Member # 14208

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TommyK  Ford pictures for TommyK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Greetings,

I'm kinda torn between a E303 or an F303 Cam my set up that I am wanting to go with is:

GT40P OEM heads
GT40 Intake upper and lower
24lb injectors with 73mm MAF
70mm throttle body and EGR spacer

would the F303 still be smogable or best bet a E303 with the above setup be better?

Thoughts? Thank you in advance

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
answer:

http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=023895;p=

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

TommyK
¯
Member # 14208

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TommyK  Ford pictures for TommyK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thx
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well GT40P's aren't smogable because they don't have the thermactor holes so I guess it wouldn't matter what cam you use. But me personally would choose a B303 over an E303. [patriot]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
TommyK
¯
Member # 14208

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Well GT40P's aren't smogable because they don't have the thermactor holes so I guess it wouldn't matter what cam you use. But me personally would choose a B303 over an E303. [patriot]

Correct on the GT40P's however on that B303 was that even smoggable?
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TommyK:
quote:

100% smoggable. I have smog lots of cars with a b303, shit I have had cars with a Anderson b-41 cams smog with no issues.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

TommyK
¯
Member # 14208

what was your set up with that ??
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
what was your set up with that ??

Both set ups we basically the same.. 306ci One had 165 afr's, on had trick flow heads. Both on a gt40 tubular intake. The afr headed car had the b-41 cam shaft, and the trick flow had the b303.. But again. I have built many cars that have the normal set up parts, that have passed smog with the b303. As long as you have a good running car, and good cats. It will pass every time.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:

100% smoggable. I have smog lots of cars with a b303, shit I have had cars with a Anderson b-41 cams smog with no issues.
Yes it'll pass smog, you just need to tell the smog tech(if they ask) that it's a E303 because it's the only cam(that I know) that has a CARB E.O number.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:
quote:

Yes it'll pass smog, you just need to tell the smog tech(if they ask) that it's a E303 because it's the only cam(that I know) that has a CARB E.O number.
Never had any smog tech, ask me about the camshaft.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
trick flow stage 1, passes and runs great!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com