Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need help! SN95 front conversion

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help! SN95 front conversion
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anybody know what parts i need for that? and also i want to change my k member to the team z one, are they good quality for track and canyon use. Mainly for cruising through mountains
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your talking about a 5 lug conversion, you need spindles, new ball joints for a sn95, calipers pads rotors both lines and for 6 dollars latemodelresto sells the conversion fitting. It's a weather head but I forgot the part number. You only need one fitting for the passenger side line. As for a k member, I'm strictly a maximum motorsports customer. I have their control arms, some brake system parts, panhard bar etc. Talk to Jon Duncan of Vallejo, he owns Duncan motors and is a sales rep and licensed dealer for them. They may be over kill for you but nobody complains about the quality of their stuff.

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
If your talking about a 5 lug conversion, you need spindles, new ball joints for a sn95, calipers pads rotors both lines and for 6 dollars latemodelresto sells the conversion fitting. It's a weather head but I forgot the part number. You only need one fitting for the passenger side line. As for a k member, I'm strictly a maximum motorsports customer. I have their control arms, some brake system parts, panhard bar etc. Talk to Jon Duncan of Vallejo, he owns Duncan motors and is a sales rep and licensed dealer for them. They may be over kill for you but nobody complains about the quality of their stuff.

Teamz parts are on some of the fast built cars in the world. Can really say that about maximum motors in the day and age.an if want looks the a.v boys they run teamz parts and have put there car on the bumper more then once on the street.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:

Teamz parts are on some of the fast built cars in the world. Can really say that about maximum motors in the day and age.an if want looks the a.v boys they run teamz parts and have put there car on the bumper more then once on the street.
I don't think dude is looking to go in a straight line.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
quote:

Teamz builds road and auto cross parts too.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

http://www.teamzmotorsports.net/category_s/252.htm

Auto cross and road racing.

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Team z has awesome stuff and yes they are on the fastest cars out there, but he said aggressive road driving like winding roads etc. that's why I suggested MM. Shit even for straight line stuff I would still run their rear suspension and what not. Anyways I said my piece

--------------------
King Lx

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Team z has awesome stuff and yes they are on the fastest cars out there, but he said aggressive road driving like winding roads etc. that's why I suggested MM. Shit even for straight line stuff I would still run their rear suspension and what not. Anyways I said my piece
Maxim motors builds ok stuff. An I have had all most every k-member built an the best one has been teamz hands down.
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maxim motors builds ok stuff. An I have had all most every k-member built an the best one has been teamz hands down.
Why?

--------------------
King Lx

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

They can call it whatever they want. But I would not suggest that k-member or others of similar construction for a track, autocross or canyon carver. The mounting tabs for the lower control arms are not supported enough for me. The g-forces on a track car are enormous under braking. Enough to spin the tires on the wheels. Enough to bend the mounting ears that bolt to the spindles on struts.

For me it is MM, stock or maybe granitelli ( Chinese copy of the MM )

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by 4IDFOX:
quote:

They can call it whatever they want. But I would not suggest that k-member or others of similar construction for a track, autocross or canyon carver. The mounting tabs for the lower control arms are not supported enough for me. The g-forces on a track car are enormous under braking. Enough to spin the tires on the wheels. Enough to bend the mounting ears that bolt to the spindles on struts.

For me it is MM, stock or maybe granitelli ( Chinese copy of the MM )

+2 but -1 for the granatelli. Lol

--------------------
King Lx

kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol this debate needs to calm down. So my setup I want to do is Maximum motorsports k member but I want to know if I need to buy the 95 control arms?
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kuku93:
Lol this debate needs to calm down. So my setup I want to do is Maximum motorsports k member but I want to know if I need to buy the 95 control arms?

You can use Foxbody or sn95 control arms but with sn95 control arms will stick out on a Foxbody

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
quote:
Originally posted by kuku93:

You can use Foxbody or sn95 control arms but with sn95 control arms will stick out on a Foxbody
So do I stick with the control arms they give me and use just the 94 spindles
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Use your factory control arms and use the'94 spindles. That's it. [dance]
Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *Als50*:
Use your factory control arms and use the'94 spindles. That's it. [dance]

the factory lca bushings and balljoints suck though, especially with how old they are today.

I think the fox geometry arm with 94/95 spindles is a fine setup that doesn't require fender mods.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Thanks y'all
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Team z, best components for drag strip hands down.

With that said, on a road course or at autocross, there is NOTHING team z has that would be competitive with a Maximum Motorsport suspended car, period. MM parts are multi use but in all honesty is a company dedicated to best hadling.

Team z just doesn't have the expierence and R&D in the road racing world to compare

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Saleen 00-768:
quote:

With that said, on a road course or at autocross, there is NOTHING team z has that would be competitive with a Maximum Motorsport suspended car, period. MM parts are multi use but in all honesty is a company dedicated to best hadling.

Team z just doesn't have the expierence and R&D in the road racing world to compare

And to add... Dave Z was just starting to produce his relocated uppers for general public in like 2001 when MM was making parts for
Road racers.

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
quote:
quote:

And to add... Dave Z was just starting to produce his relocated uppers for general public in like 2001 when MM was making parts for
Road racers.

Ok drink the Kool aid and I will stick with parts made by racers for racers.
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Road racers.

Ok drink the Kool aid and I will stick with parts made by racers for racers.
Lol, that's real original..jus like daves upper control arms.

Maximum Motorsport was making parts by racers for racers since '92.

[ 2015-11-19, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Saleen 00-768 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com