Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » brake upgrade 4lug to 5lug

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: brake upgrade 4lug to 5lug
diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so im debating what route to go but im staying budget minded for the time being because these brakes has to go they are horrible.

so i got a guy selling me fox length 5 lug axles he giving me the drums since he has no use for them, i will be upgrading to rear disc in the future just keeping cost don.

now for the front should i just fork out $$$ for the cobra calipers and 13in rotors or will i be good with the gt PBR calipers and 10in rotors? its daily driver wont be seeing the track no time soon.

also the brake booster and master cylinder still needs to be changed even tho it with be drums in the back?

dre5.0
¯
Member # 12026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dre5.0  Ford pictures for dre5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you will be alright with the gt brakes ...the cobra brakes stop quicker and add the bling factor

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com