Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Oil pressure sending unit??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Oil pressure sending unit??
30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30Tunes  Ford pictures for 30Tunes  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 93 and mine looks like this---

http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/Turn5/52975?$s7product$

when I looked it up online its showing me to buy this---

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-oil-pressureswitch-9093.html

Are these the same thing? Which ones better?

--------------------
SUCCESS ONLY COMES BEFORE WORK IN THE DICTIONARY

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
someone probably just put the bigger one on your car, but the one in link should fit no problem.

[ 2014-05-14, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: SLOW95GTS ]

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 30Tunes  Ford pictures for 30Tunes  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
According to the website you're backwards...

79-89
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/SW1547B/1979-89-Mustang-Oil-Pressure-Sending-Unit

90-93
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/SW2433/1990-93-Oil-Pressure-Sending-Unit-50L

edit: I see you retracted your statement. So the one I have on now is the wrong one for my car and the right one would be the smaller one

[ 2014-05-14, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: 3-0-Tunes ]

--------------------

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah didn't see that you had a 93, but the threads are basically the same for all 302, and 351's. I have put a 95 sending unit on a old 69' 351w block . I had the fatter one on my 86 and it failed on me. So, the newer is most likely a better design w/ less failure.

--------------------

30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

Right on for the feedback. I have that long extension where the sending unit plugs into, can/should I eliminate that now that ill be using the smaller one?

--------------------

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

yup, since its gonna fit now haha. the 79-89 used that extension.

--------------------

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have an aftermarket gauge? Autometer has the fatter sending unit which requires the extension. Otherwise it hits the block and won't screw in.

If you are using the stock gauge in the gauge cluster, the smaller one is the right one.

30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

I do have the aftermarket gauge, I don't have it hooked up though. I'll buy the one that recommended for my year and eventually hook up my aftermarket gauge and buy the other one too. Thanks for everyones help!

--------------------

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The big one is for a gauge the smaller one is for a light!! That is what it looks like to me!!

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my 89 had the bigger one with the extension on it.

When i replaced the motor i built it with a 95 block and heads. The same unit screwed in without an issue.

if you already have the one with the extension just rock the bigger unit. they both electronically work the same from what i remember.

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

30Tunes
¯
Member # 8105

Replaced it with the one that my year called for and the level is 3/4 the way up but I don't see it fluctuating when I get on the gas. Usually the pressure would build when on the gas?? Think its fine?

--------------------

1991 Calypso Green Notch
1993 Cobra Clone - SOLD

KevinK
Tech Mod
Member # 9234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KevinK  Ford pictures for KevinK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure why the change but the Ford parts book shows 79-88 for the old style e4zz part number which also dates back to the late 60s cars. In 89 the sending unit changed for the 5.0. The 2.3 is different.
Posts: 196 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com