Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Auto meter speedomater miles

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Auto meter speedomater miles
1FAST93NOTCH
¯
Member # 10722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST93NOTCH  Ford pictures for 1FAST93NOTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone know where or how to preset miles based on the motor?
I don't want to start from 00

--------------------
2014 Oxford White Raptor Production #: 30727
1993 Red Notchback Production #: 29409
1993 Teal Cobra Production #: 4505
TEAM TRUE FORGED

rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
?? So you want to tamper with the ODO? Couple things for you, I have no idea how to roll back miles which is illegal unless it's your car for life. If the next guy who buys your car and if they decide to register it they will have a branded title. Which Means the value of your car falls to it's lowest level. If you do this make sure to etch the original miles some place so there is no problem with DMV. Example.. If your car has 100,000 miles on it and the next guy goes to the DMV with sa 10,000 miles they will brand that title. SALVAGE . Good luck
1FAST93NOTCH
¯
Member # 10722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST93NOTCH  Ford pictures for 1FAST93NOTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This car will not be soon for any reason so yes I'll be keeping the car for life. I am purchasing a new aftermarket cluster with auto meter sport comp analog gauges but do not want to start from 00. Is there any way to push miles ahead?

--------------------
TEAM TRUE FORGED

tooslowfiveo
¯
Member # 11511

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tooslowfiveo  Ford pictures for tooslowfiveo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rollininmy50:
?? So you want to tamper with the ODO? Couple things for you, I have no idea how to roll back miles which is illegal unless it's your car for life. If the next guy who buys your car and if they decide to register it they will have a branded title. Which Means the value of your car falls to it's lowest level. If you do this make sure to etch the original miles some place so there is no problem with DMV. Example.. If your car has 100,000 miles on it and the next guy goes to the DMV with sa 10,000 miles they will brand that title. SALVAGE . Good luck

As far as I know, they don't brand the title as salvage, they just report that the mileage is not actual in the system
Posts: 162 | From: Dublin, CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  :
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Use a drill
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
electronic or mechanical gauge?

--------------------
91' Notch

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dan-no offense but had you slowed down to read the subject and the OPs question you would have saved yourself a great deal of time amongst other things.

To the OP. if it is mechanical I turned mine forward with a drill. I'm not sure if this is common practice or safe for the instrument itself but if worked.

Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
1FAST93NOTCH
¯
Member # 10722

The speedometer is electric.

--------------------
TEAM TRUE FORGED

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rollininmy50:

Worst tech answer ever.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
5.0 LsX
¯
Member # 10017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0 LsX  Ford pictures for 5.0 LsX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wire the speedo up, but when you program don't drive 2 miles and set it, just drive until it starts to calibrate and set it. then drive until you are at the mileage you want, the odometer will be scrolling up real quick this way. recalibrate it when you get to the mileage you want
1FAST93NOTCH
¯
Member # 10722

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 LsX:
wire the speedo up, but when you program don't drive 2 miles and set it, just drive until it starts to calibrate and set it. then drive until you are at the mileage you want, the odometer will be scrolling up real quick this way. recalibrate it when you get to the mileage you want

Thank you. I should have my cluster in a week or two. I will post up pictures and updates soon.

--------------------
TEAM TRUE FORGED

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com