Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 87 foxbody constant cabin heat

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 87 foxbody constant cabin heat
GT,0519
¯
Member # 9416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT,0519  Ford pictures for GT,0519    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I need some help with this one I drove my 87 Gt yesterday I had the heater off but I was getting hot air down in the floor I turn the knob off thinking it was on but still the hot air wouldn't stop flowing does anyone here kows what that could be ? Someone please help!!! [Mad]

--------------------
05GT

rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does the heat only flow threw the vents when driving? Or is it a constant flow of heat? The blend door could be sticking, or what I do is turn the heat to cool then you feel cooler air.
GT,0519
¯
Member # 9416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT,0519  Ford pictures for GT,0519    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is constant when am driving .
I did turn the knob to cold but still hot air keeps coming in but only in the floor
Thanks .

--------------------
05GT

89GT4ME
¯
Member # 13315

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89GT4ME  Ford pictures for 89GT4ME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the SAME problem in my car i think. It radiates from under the car for me it feels like. But even on a cool day if I drive to the store come back in my car 15 mins later it is noticeably warmer inside. Also when I drive it feels like i have the heater on.

I move the blend to the blue and no change. Also, my a/c is intact but doesnt work. Maybe the blend door is stuck.

I am eager to hear other peoples solutions or thoughts on this as welll

90 7up lx
¯
Member # 10304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90 7up lx  Ford pictures for 90 7up lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Their is a heat shiled under the shifter, check ot out....might be torn or missing
Posts: 1266 | From: north valley | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
GT,0519
¯
Member # 9416

Were in the shifter? Under the car or inside the cabin?

--------------------
05GT

FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Inside the cabin under the shifter. Also could be that someone removed all the insulation under the carpet, but is most likely coming in from the shifter area

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
GT,0519
¯
Member # 9416

Thanks bro I'll check it out I hope thats the problem.
93 5.0
¯
Member # 12418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 5.0  Ford pictures for 93 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check the rubber boot from the shifter its under the center console mine did the same went on line got a new one prob solve
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Under the shifter u should have a rubber boot that goes aloud the shifter handle if it is torn or missing it can cause a lot of heat to rise up through the center consol and radiate heat in the car cabin

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
t-top50
¯
Member # 2735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t-top50  Ford pictures for t-top50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with the last two members. Pull up on the leather shifter bezel. There should be a silver or gold metal ring with a black rubber insert that is covering the shifter hole. The shifter handle should be going through it. If that is not there you are getting road heat and exhaust heat coming through the tunnel and up into the cabin. Also if you are running offroad pipe they produce a lot of heat.

--------------------
87GT t-top
00 Saleen (clone)
97 E350 7.3 diesel

Posts: 2522 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com