Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » car dont start theft light blinking

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car dont start theft light blinking
Modular Notch
¯
Member # 12644

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Modular Notch  Ford pictures for Modular Notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wassup guys so im having an issue with my car.the theft light keeps blinking and it won't start.I did a 4.6 whole body swap into a foxbody but idk im thinking its the gauge cluster since its not it's original one for that computer and key any suggestions or solutions to fixing this thanks lmk

--------------------
Sonic blue KB terminator

89 modular notch sohc swap

99 mustang gt-RIP

HIGH OUTPUT GENERATIONS C.C.

SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you have to get the computer tuned to turn off the pats system.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

Modular Notch
¯
Member # 12644

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Modular Notch  Ford pictures for Modular Notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you know were I would get that done?

--------------------
Sonic blue KB terminator

99 mustang gt-RIP

SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think any online tune chip could do it, dirtydirtyracing.com is good place to start.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if your near sac contact sacstangdriver he had a contact up in sac area to do this or their was some members in the vendor section that have the tuning capabilities to turn it off/

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
**You must have two original keys to perform this procedure. If you only have one key, you WILL have to take it to the dealer to get it programmed**

1. Insert and existing (working) key into the ignition cylinder.

2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (RUN) and back to OFF. Ignition should stay on for at least ONE SECOND.

3. Remove the existing key and, within TEN seconds, insert a second working key and turn it to ON (RUN) and the back OFF. Ignition must be in ON for at least ONE second, but no more than TEN seconds. Remove the key.

4. Insert the new key before TWENTY seconds have elapsed and turn it to ON (RUN). Leave it the ON position for at least ONE second and turn back to OFF.

5. The security light will light up for THREE seconds to indicate that the new key has been successfully programmed.

6. To program additional keys, repeat steps 1 through 5

This is how I did mine.... [patriot] [patriot] Good luck

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe you text me about this the other day.

The secuity key ,transponder (under dash) gauge cluster and computer/ecm is programmed to work together.

If the parts are mismatched the vats system needs to be reprogrammed. Any reputable auto lock smith has the programmer to do it. If you can't find someone I can get you in contact with one.

Posts: 22468 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Modular Notch
¯
Member # 12644

Everything is from the same car 2000 mustang gt steering column with 2 original keys, dash harness,engine harness,computer the only thing different is I put a cobra gauge cluster I didn't have the original one and the body harness is off a different car but I don't think that one matters

--------------------
Sonic blue KB terminator

99 mustang gt-RIP

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wouldnt think that would matter i ran a cobra cluster in my gt without an issue...make sure harness are connected all the way? seen that happen once on this swap.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Modular Notch
¯
Member # 12644

My brother in law put a 03 cobra cluster in his 2000gt and it wouldnt turn on either so he put his gt cluster back and it worked fine idk it's weird I'm thinking is just the cluster hopefully

--------------------
Sonic blue KB terminator

99 mustang gt-RIP

Modular Notch
¯
Member # 12644

Ima go thru all the wiring make sure everything is connected correctly tho

--------------------
Sonic blue KB terminator

99 mustang gt-RIP

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com