Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Rear Fuel line help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Rear Fuel line help
tonkaboyrich496
¯
Member # 9877

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonkaboyrich496  Ford pictures for tonkaboyrich496    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got a 87 coupe and one of my rear fuel line has a hole in it from being burned on the exhaust. noticed it when i filled my tank up and it was empty the very next day. the lines that's messed up comes from the fuel filter and goes to the top of the tank. auto zone/napa/sp automotive don't carry it. didnt have time to hit vic hubbards yet. i have ben told its a dealer item but ford no longer makes them. anyone have a clue where i can find one asap? im in oakland BTW
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u449/tonkaboyrich496/3EC94E11-8B5C-439D-A537-E0FE4749E474_zps9d6a6e74.jpg

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u449/tonkaboyrich496/04E03230-47B0-4E6B-81BF-859FEC562E2D_zps29f7e1f5.jpg

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u449/tonkaboyrich496/C78E44D8-62A9-43EA-B4F5-AB35D83BDD9A_zps241c5ee9.jpg

--------------------
87 Coupe = stock w/ 500 shot
88 Box chev with a built 496 = coming soon

83notcher
¯
Member # 12608

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 83notcher  Ford pictures for 83notcher    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just get high psi fuel Line from napa, cut the piece of line that is burnt and hose clamp the new hose on as a repair.
Posts: 484 | From: Citrus Heights | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try Pick 'n Pull, should be fairly easy to obtain and keep everything factory.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
tonkaboyrich496
¯
Member # 9877

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonkaboyrich496  Ford pictures for tonkaboyrich496    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 83notcher:
Just get high psi fuel Line from napa, cut the piece of line that is burnt and hose clamp the new hose on as a repair.

Was trying to avoid this but I may have to.
Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is what we do. Carefully cut the poli line off the fittings and use 5/16 fuel line marked EFI. You can then use the fittings with the BARBS that will hold properly. If ypu use just the line sectiomed with a piece of Flex hose it cam come off and cause a fire. I do tuns of mustangs and this works. I also have a master line repair kit and can correctly splice POLI LINE.

Here is one of my mustang line and filter relocation modifications' You can get the filter snap connectors at NAPA. But you need the Explorer filter to use them. Note the 2 self adjusting spring clamps on each connection. And never use a worm type clamp. That is a big NO NO!!!! AND NEVER scab in a flex hose on a POLI LINE that is a disaster waiting to happen DO NOT DO THAT. You need bubbles or barbs to connect any flex line to anything. Be fore warned!!!

-

Here is a hard line that i made a bubble on to correctly install a flex line. NEVER USE A STRAIGHT LINE CONNECTED TO A FLEX ON ANYTHING. Especially FUEL!!!

-

[ 2013-09-29, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Tom Renzo ]

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i like what above guy did except those dam spring clamps. u can cut the plastic hose off the origanal fitting so u dont have to Frankenstein filters or fittings. the ori fitting is barbed, use furl injected clamp, its like a bolt and nut on a 360 surrounded clamp. or just buy the ori hose and next time u install it , tuck it behind teh fuel tank strap, well never be burned again, i have that hose as well for 20 bucks. 707 297 0868 if u want it.
Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Spring clamps are the only thing we use. You can use the captured clamps but they have a nasty habit of loosening. Spring clamps automatically tighten up and are tried and true.

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my experience with the spring clamps is every time u use them they get weaker and weaker or just dont hold that tight,more familiar with them on radiator hoses from factory cars,the only time i have seen a spring clamp on a factory car is on the return line where the presure is almost nothing if it is a presure at all. i can squeeze those clamps together by just my fingers, and have only seen them hold gd the first time there used. i have yet to see the clamp i mentioned come loose yet, not one once. but to each there own. they do use fuel injected clamps for a reason bein a better holding clamp where the fuel pressures are higher than the carb fuel pressures where fuel pressure peaks at 7 pounds where your spring clamps are only used even by dealerships. the nipple end or barbed end is a must if u use those spring clamps because they will most def slip off, they do not hold up to par on a fuel injected system.
Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

I dont know but i have hundreds of them rolling on the roads up north here. Also i have changed tuns of pumps that are factory installed with PLASTIC gear clamps. I am willing to bet spring clamps do a better job than a clamp that loosed tension and needs retightening. I do GT3 Porsche race cars and never had a leak with Spring clamps. I can't say that for a worm clamp. Just my experience. Thanks

[ 2013-09-30, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: Tom Renzo ]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com