Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » A/c delete 5.0

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: A/c delete 5.0
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Factory ac delete uses a 84.5 serpentine belt, autozone gave me the belt 845k6....

I installed the ac delete kit and then the 84.5 belt was too short...
I used a tape measure and a 86inch belt seemed the right size, I bought autozone part (860k6) and it fit perfect...

I know what's my question!!!! It's actually for the next person to do this install.
Why was the belt the wrong size if everywhere on the internet states it to be a 84.5?

All stock pullies, I'm not sure if the 3G alt is the same but looks like it

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Hit the gasser, go faster, all u heard was dual exhaust n flowmasters.

Posts: 1643 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangn5oh  Ford pictures for Stangn5oh  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ac delete kit that moves the power steering up in place of where the ac used to be

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Peter do you have under drive pulleys or a big alternator pulley

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
RTornio
¯
Member # 2289

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RTornio  Ford pictures for RTornio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the same a/c delete that moves the p/s pump up.. i decided to bypass the smog pump at the same time. Online it says to get a 73" belt... after 5 trips to the auto parts store, i ended up with a 69" belt. Now i have to reroute because the idler is pushing the belt too far and it rubs on itself where the belt goes from the alt to the crank. I have an underdrive crank pulley and a 3G alternator... I tried to put a 69.5" belt and it wouldnt fit.. the 69" rubs... so i have to route it differently and make another 5 trips to the store...

--------------------
Current Rides:
2014 Lexus IS250 FSport
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7 TRD 4x4
2010 Toyota Sienna Limited
1988 Ford Mustang GT 306ci

Posts: 220 | From: Fremont, Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
dre5.0
¯
Member # 12026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dre5.0  Ford pictures for dre5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the position of the belt tensioner affects the length belt you need to buy
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
Peter do you have under drive pulleys or a big alternator pulley

Paco lol...i do not have aftermarket pullies they are all stock,although i do have a 3g alt, but it seems to be the same size as stock.
Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

quote:
Originally posted by RTornio:
I have the same a/c delete that moves the p/s pump up.. i decided to bypass the smog pump at the same time. Online it says to get a 73" belt... after 5 trips to the auto parts store, i ended up with a 69" belt. Now i have to reroute because the idler is pushing the belt too far and it rubs on itself where the belt goes from the alt to the crank. I have an underdrive crank pulley and a 3G alternator... I tried to put a 69.5" belt and it wouldnt fit.. the 69" rubs... so i have to route it differently and make another 5 trips to the store...

Get measuring tape and route it through your pullies...it will give you the length you need and act as a belt to see if it rubs on one another.
Autozone carries their belt part # as
If you need
a 69 inch belt = 690
Then
K
Then
By how many ribs you need which is 6
690K6

A 84.5 inch "w/ 6 ribs" belt would be 845k6 etc etc

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

Stangn5oh
¯
Member # 10875

quote:
Originally posted by dre5.0:
I think the position of the belt tensioner affects the length belt you need to buy

Yes you want the markings on the tensioner to be in the middle...not too loose not too tight, keep in mind the belt will loosen very little once its broken in...im not sure exactly how much it will loosen but if i were to guess no more than a 1/4 inch

--------------------
88 lx
17 Renegade turbo
18 Compass 4x4

RTornio
¯
Member # 2289

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RTornio  Ford pictures for RTornio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stangn5oh:
quote:
Originally posted by RTornio:

Get measuring tape and route it through your pullies...it will give you the length you need and act as a belt to see if it rubs on one another.
Autozone carries their belt part # as
If you need
a 69 inch belt = 690
Then
K
Then
By how many ribs you need which is 6
690K6

A 84.5 inch "w/ 6 ribs" belt would be 845k6 etc etc

Yea, i have the 690K6 right now.. tried the 695 and couldnt get it to fit. So im going to reroute the belt.. but ill need a longer one. Tried to use the 690, but its probably an inch or so short. Ill make a few trips most likely to the auto parts store...

--------------------
Current Rides:
2014 Lexus IS250 FSport
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7 TRD 4x4
2010 Toyota Sienna Limited
1988 Ford Mustang GT 306ci

Posts: 220 | From: Fremont, Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com