Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » stock 87 fox upgrades got $1000 to spend

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: stock 87 fox upgrades got $1000 to spend
tonkaboyrich496
¯
Member # 9877

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonkaboyrich496  Ford pictures for tonkaboyrich496    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got a stock 87 and looking to see if i can squeeze out a few ponies for $1000. looking for any suggestions outside of my project list for Next month. Next month going tublar kmember, coil overs in front, sub frame connectors, reinforced torque boxes, caster camber plates, front and rear sway bars.
so for now looking for ideas outside of those.

currently the Car is still speed density and has:
cold air intake goes into fender
255 fuel pump
65mm throttle body and spacer
rebuilt posi w/ 3.73 & disc brakes
tublar rear control arms
strange 10 way adjustable rear shocks
bbk lowering springs
ford racing short shifter
bbk strut tower brace
thats it.
THANKS FOR ALL HELP AND IDEAS

--------------------
87 Coupe = stock w/ 500 shot
88 Box chev with a built 496 = coming soon

tonkaboyrich496
¯
Member # 9877

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonkaboyrich496  Ford pictures for tonkaboyrich496    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FORGOT to say already has:
MSD Cap
MSD 6AL ignition box
Ford racing wires
Underdrive pullies

--------------------

Chinitzzz
¯
Member # 10751

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chinitzzz  Ford pictures for Chinitzzz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a cobra upper and lower with a 70 tb and gt40 heads with a b cam and powered by ford valve covers with a gear drive if your interested pm me

--------------------
1987 coupe -under construction

NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GT40p heads and intake with a 65MM throttle body from an explorer would be a good start and you can probably get for cheap. if you go that way get some roller rockers too!

Also some headers would help.

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

diablounicorn
¯
Member # 13033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for diablounicorn  Ford pictures for diablounicorn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hci or heads, intake , 1.7 rr on the stock cam
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Before you are going to really get to do big mods. You should covert the car to mass air. Other wise the car is going to run like crap. I'd covert it, then do a exhaust, intake, and if you have enough a cam.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

tonkaboyrich496
¯
Member # 9877

quote:
Originally posted by NK2186:
GT40p heads and intake with a 65MM throttle body from an explorer would be a good start and you can probably get for cheap. if you go that way get some roller rockers too!

Also some headers would help.

my bad it has bbk shorties,2.5" bassani x pipe, two high flow cats, w/ magna packs mufflers...but what sizes rockers?
tonkaboyrich496
¯
Member # 9877

quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
Before you are going to really get to do big mods. You should covert the car to mass air. Other wise the car is going to run like crap. I'd covert it, then do a exhaust, intake, and if you have enough a cam.

ok i will look into it. i heard that for my year i really dont need to go mass air. the car will be mostly stock for awhile unitl im ready to get into a full on motor swap

--------------------

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by tonkaboyrich496:
quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:

ok i will look into it. i heard that for my year i really dont need to go mass air. the car will be mostly stock for awhile unitl im ready to get into a full on motor swap
You can get a way with a few things like pulleys, headers, off road pipe. But once you start changing things like intake, cam, heads. The speed density a/f ratios get to far from the preprogrammed parameters. Makes the idle start jump up and down, and so on.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nx wet kit ftw

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com