Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Is the clutch of a 87 5.0 the same as 95 5.0?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Is the clutch of a 87 5.0 the same as 95 5.0?
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Checked online on the autozone website but the parts number comes out different. I was hoping it was the same, can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

--------------------
To be or not to be

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The pressure plate fingers stick out farther due to the sn95 bell housing being a little longer

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
MACK.GT
¯
Member # 10461

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MACK.GT  Ford pictures for MACK.GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't, I repeat DO NOT trust autozone for the right clutch for a sn95. they sold me the wrong one before, you take your stock one and compare it to the one they sell, and the pressure plates fingers are much shorter.
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ 2013-06-26, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Sydewayz Stan ]

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree! The guys that work at auto zone and o'reilys have no idea what they are doing!! Very few employees at auto zone and o'reilys know about cars and the mechanics of a car. Finding one of them is like finding a unicorn.

-Charles

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is the reason I asked this question. Over 5 years ago I bought a clutch from autozone with lifetime warranty for my 95 gt and since my 87 notch needs a new clutch I was thinking of getting a new one with the warranty from my 95. Maybe ill get lucky and get a retard from autozone and he will give me one for a 87 since they are different.

--------------------
To be or not to be

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell him you put an 87 transmission in your '95 and need the clutch for an 87. Think they'll know that they aren't the same?? Probably not!! [Wink]
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:
Tell him you put an 87 transmission in your '95 and need the clutch for an 87. Think they'll know that they aren't the same?? Probably not!! [Wink]

Hmmm, I might try this. I'm going to look for the dumbest looking employee at autozone and hope they don't know their stuff.

--------------------
To be or not to be

93lx4cyl
¯
Member # 10517

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93lx4cyl  Ford pictures for 93lx4cyl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
I agree! The guys that work at auto zone and o'reilys have no idea what they are doing!! Very few employees at auto zone and o'reilys know about cars and the mechanics of a car. Finding one of them is like finding a unicorn.

-Charles

Just have to know where to look buddy. I find it funny when customers get mad when "parts people" don't know every single little thing about their motor or vehicle. Not our job to know every car but enough to figure it out and help you.
Posts: 204 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2010  |  :
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree especially those people that try to get away with everything they can ...I mean come on bro obviously Ther different clutches with different part numbers

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
@93lx it is your job to help and not lecture me on my car and tell me i don't know what I'm talking about. I'm not saying you do that, but that's what my experiences have been which is why I posted what I did.

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by Marks93:

Hmmm, I might try this. I'm going to look for the dumbest looking employee at autozone and hope they don't know their stuff.
Did it work? My starter did

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

^^^Havent tried it yet. I may not need a clutch anymore, but ill let you know if that works in case I do need one.
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93lx4cyl:
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:

-Charles

Just have to know where to look buddy. I find it funny when customers get mad when "parts people" don't know every single little thing about their motor or vehicle. Not our job to know every car but enough to figure it out and help you.
99.9% of parts store employees are fucking morons that have never turned a wrench in their lives and think they know what they are talking about because they work at a parts store. Plus I LOL everytime I see them wearing a shirt with a patch that reads ASE certified.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com