Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » knocking in engine 94 gt 5.0

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: knocking in engine 94 gt 5.0
Sn95_95621
¯
Member # 11141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sn95_95621  Ford pictures for Sn95_95621    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey i have a 94 gt with knocking in the engine it dose it now when i start it and idle rough and knocks above 3000rpm i was told it could be the timming chain or distrubutor i check the chain good not lose and distrubtor gear was good so any suggetion would help thanks

--------------------
Lil_Lee

Posts: 19 | From: Citrus Heights | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How many miles on the motor? Good oil pressure?

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
jessdawg5.0
¯
Member # 12815

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessdawg5.0  Ford pictures for jessdawg5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just whent threw. Simular sitiuaton nd it ended up being the crank and cam bearings
Posts: 64 | From: el sobrante ca | Registered: Apr 2013  |  :
a50sn95
¯
Member # 527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a50sn95  Ford pictures for a50sn95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You had to pull the timing cover to check the chain, right?
I'm guessing balancer has spun, and it feels like a knock...

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow i always get a kick out of peoples input on problems, first off we can all take our best educated guess as to whats wrong but for the most part guys on here just arent educated to begin with.No your balancer didnt spin. heres my input you have something wrong with your motor! I will say that if i were able to see and hear the problem in person I could tell you exactly whats wrong. but without that 99% sure you have a rod bearing issue no matter what it sounds like you have to open up the motor. My other first guess would be a failed/ broken lifter fulcrum
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by [SHO]TIME:
Wow i always get a kick out of peoples input on problems, first off we can all take our best educated guess as to whats wrong but for the most part guys on here just arent educated to begin with.No your balancer didnt spin. heres my input you have something wrong with your motor! I will say that if i were able to see and hear the problem in person I could tell you exactly whats wrong. but without that 99% sure you have a rod bearing issue no matter what it sounds like you have to open up the motor. My other first guess would be a failed/ broken lifter fulcrum

Got pics of the cobra R??

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com