Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » quarter horse programet

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: quarter horse programet
tlcluver21
¯
Member # 9062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tlcluver21  Ford pictures for tlcluver21    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I been looking into a couple different programmers. The quarter horse is what I am leaning towards just for the fact that it seems somewhat user friendly and does everything but more than the PMS. If anyone is running one of these or know done one please tell me ur feelings I know the sain you pay for what u get and I am tired of buying more than one item lol. Any help is appreciated yes I will be going turbo down the road but I have to get this car running the way it should before I throw even more at it thanks for all ur help. This is going on a 94 mustang that has h/c/i done to it as well
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've gotten hours into research on the QH and TwEECer RT. The RT seems really nice, easy to use and there are tutorials on YouTube of how to do a start up tune and basically how to use it. The down side is the Interact software that you need to use it, everyone said that it's iffy at best.

Now the QH seems legit, I've hear nothing but good things about it. It's pretty much straight forward on what you'll need to tune it and datalog. The only down side that I've seen with the QH is the lithium battery that comes with it, it's good for about 7-10 years.

I'm definitely going to use the QH to tune my setup, go to eectuning.org, a lot of good info on that site.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
tlcluver21
¯
Member # 9062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tlcluver21  Ford pictures for tlcluver21    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trust me I have been on that site talked to a bunch of people and heard nothing but good on the quarter horse I am actually using a guy who will make me a start up tune and he said he could look at the data logger and make the rest of the changes that need to be done. The only other thing I need to buy now is the wide band o2 and from there he will help me tune it the rest of the way
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I learned with Caledit and Calcon (Tweecer RT). BE and EA are both far superior programs in that they are much less "buggy." Both have their place. Either way, consider a wide band a necessity not a luxury.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

tlcluver21
¯
Member # 9062

Yeah I just had a AEM come available but if he sales before I can buy I will look at buying a brand New one because that's what everything I have heard has said its a need to tune this way don't attempt unless you got it all hooked up

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com