Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 65 mustang trany help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 65 mustang trany help
ROK5.0
¯
Member # 8589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ROK5.0  Ford pictures for ROK5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 65 mustang that use to be an inline 6 with a 3 speed and I'm putting a 87 5.0 motor and t5 tranny in...so my question is how can I get my clutch pedal to work with the t5 without changing the bell housing I heard there was a kit for $250 but I can't find it so any help is greatly appreciated
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
by installing a hydraulic master/slave cylinder to operate the clutch

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey man i believe that mustangs plus sells the clutch pedal kit you need for your car
ROK5.0
¯
Member # 8589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ROK5.0  Ford pictures for ROK5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mustang plus is sold out rite now anymore ideas
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check this out bro..hope it helps
http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/Transmission/hyd-clutch.htm

--------------------
1966 Mustang

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think you can reuse the 6cyl bellhousing with the 5.0 because of different bolt patterns. You will have to use the T5 bell and clutch setup. If you go hydraulic, check out dazecars.com. this is going to be the least expensive hydraulic setup.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude these guys are trippin you dont need a hydraulic setup to make it work they sell a cable system that goes through the firewall just like the stock fox setup and connects to the stock peadal assembly i used the exact same setup on my 68 when i installed my 408 and tremmec
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by [SHO]TIME:
dude these guys are trippin you dont need a hydraulic setup to make it work they sell a cable system that goes through the firewall just like the stock fox setup and connects to the stock peadal assembly i used the exact same setup on my 68 when i installed my 408 and tremmec

You know the hydraulic setup from dazecars.com is the same price as a cable setup right? Also the hydraulic setup will use the existing clutch rod hole, so you don't need to drill a hole in the firewall above the master cylinder.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:
Originally posted by [SHO]TIME:

You know the hydraulic setup from dazecars.com is the same price as a cable setup right? Also the hydraulic setup will use the existing clutch rod hole, so you don't need to drill a hole in the firewall above the master cylinder.
+1 yep, the hydraulic setup cost around the same price and there's no cable to fray, break or burn on those headers. I went with the dazecars setup on my 68, its a real simple setup that works good.

not sure of your brake plans in the future/now but its a lot tighter fit on a 65/66 if your going with power brakes and a hydraulic clutch combo. I did a power booster/cobra brakes with a hydraulic clutch and it fit just fine....like i said mine is a 68

....not sure if a cable setup is any better (fit)

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

ROK5.0
¯
Member # 8589

Can u guys provide part numbers or links plz
dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out my work on 4play66.com
you can also leave Ian a message and he will get you information also.....

[ October 03, 2011, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: dvuspny ]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

http://dazed.home.bresnan.net/test#3

You'll need the '65-'66 slave kit and the Wilwood master and the AN-4 line. I've shopped around and it is extremely difficult to find the cylinders and line for any cheaper.

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can also use a fulcrum adapter and use a zbar. You probably dont have the right z bar though so clutch cable would be the easier/cheaper way to do it. They just look kind rigged in my opinion with the big cable looping around in the engine compartment. Make sure you get a new trans crossmember for the t5 and a new driveshaft.
NORCALSTANGS
¯
Member # 3706

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NORCALSTANGS  Ford pictures for NORCALSTANGS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im all the swaps ive done. The best setup is from mustangsteve.com
This style works the best because it is a quadrant just like ford designed for the t5
My last build i made my own which worked with stock cable.
But you can use adjustable cable.

Just my 2 cents

--------------------
2014 gt stick ghig
2005 gt auto blue

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com