Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel pump relay kill switch installation??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel pump relay kill switch installation??
Fishtail91lx
¯
Member # 10703

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fishtail91lx  Ford pictures for Fishtail91lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 91 lx mustang n inwas wondering if anyone new how to install a kill switch on the fuel pump relay under tge driver seat n what would I need for the installation
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my buddy just pulled the wires a bit so the harness is easy to get to, and unplugs it when he parks, among other security features he has...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just break the +12v trigger wire connection and install a switch inline with the break, you'll need a voltmeter to find the right wire to cut, and enough wire to mount a switch where you want it to be.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Blind has it right but I would interupt the negative lead if possible that way incase something goes wrong it most likely wont short cause its not hot. You can use a switch to interupt the wire but use a heafty swtich one that is capable of about 20amps just in case. [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com