Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » P1405 code check engine

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: P1405 code check engine
4.6WPRStang
¯
Member # 8685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.6WPRStang  Ford pictures for 4.6WPRStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
today i got a p1405 code for my 96 gt mustang i was wondering could it be form my no cat h pipe an i dotn have mil elinmators either so i figured it should be form that plus what is a p1405 code anyone else have this code thanks ca fords

--------------------
96 GT saleen clone
91 5.0 saleen clone sold

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Means this:
P1405- differential pressure feedback sensor upstream hose off or plugged

Found this:
"Ok, If it's anything like my 94 on the back side of the engine there is a tube coming up off the exhaust to the EGR valve. Off of this tube are two smaller sample tubes that go to the DPFS. There is a restricter in the large tube that makes a pressure drop the the DPFS and read. There are two small rubber hose that connect from the large tube to the DPFS that are off or rotted out. Another thing to watch out for is the large tube on mine actually rubbed a hole in the side and that was driving the DPFS nuts too and gave me a Check engine light."

Good luck with your problem

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
4.6WPRStang
¯
Member # 8685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4.6WPRStang  Ford pictures for 4.6WPRStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the info bro

--------------------
96 GT saleen clone
91 5.0 saleen clone sold

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com