Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » throttle body

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: throttle body
89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89FoxLX  Ford pictures for 89FoxLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is probably a stupid question, but I can't find my manual right now...anyways, on the front side of the throttle body, there's some kind of sensor that connects to it. What's that sensor called and what does it do?

I just changed my throttle body today and over tightend it, and the base of that sensor snapped, and then the screw snapped inside the hole...not a good day... [Mad]

getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for getjobdone  Ford pictures for getjobdone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are you talking about the Throttle position sensor (TPS)? it is held on by two screws on the top side of the T/B opposite the throttle linkage, correct?

--------------------
91 notch ^ blown h/c/i

Posts: 677 | From: east bay,ca | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
rjl50believer
¯
Member # 5598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjl50believer  Ford pictures for rjl50believer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
correct
Posts: 93 | From: east bay 925 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89FoxLX  Ford pictures for 89FoxLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its metal, has wires hooking up to it, and mounts to the side of the throttle body facing the front of the vehicle. I guess I should of took pictures...the tps is the plastic sensor that screws on to the top of the throttle body correct? [Confused] heading to the junk yard tomorrow morning...
89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

just got back from the junk yard, and got what i needed...thanks for the help!
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that's the IAC motor, idle air control.

[Whoo Whooooo!] for getting it done

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

Thanks! I knew it had something to do with air, just not what. Now I know what it is though... [patriot]
89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

Thanks! I knew it had something to do with air, just not what. Now I know what it is though... [patriot]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com