Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Cam Lift

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cam Lift
PopTheHood
¯
Member # 7040

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PopTheHood  Ford pictures for PopTheHood    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was just wondering how to figure out the final amount of lift that you get when you change the rockers,or pushrods? Lets say my cam has 499/510 lift and i use that with 1.6 rockers. does that change the amount of lift? i would not be changing the pushrod size. I have a set of heads with springs that are only good till a 540 lift. What amount of lift along with the 1.6's would be close to that lift?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your cam will be rated for total lift at the valve w/ stock rockers- that is 1.6 ratio for Ford small blocks. To find your lobe lift divide the .499"/.510" numbers by 1.6. Once you have lobe lift you can multiply by any rocker ratio you want to find the total valve lift (say move up to 1.7's.)

Sooo-

.499"/.510" is your valve lift w/ 1.6 ratio rockers and will be fine w/ .540" lift capable springs. Be sure they are also rated for hydraulic roller lifters.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com