Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Charging issues

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Charging issues
KeithStang7
¯
Member # 1945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeithStang7  Ford pictures for KeithStang7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 94 GT and when I sit at a stop light w/ my headlights on and the ac or any of the accessories going my ampmeter takes a serious dive to the left. I have under drive pullies. This problem has ruined my battery and makes it hard to start in the morning and I have to get a jump in order for it to start. Would jumping up to a 200 amp altinator fix this? Any advice would be great. THANKS!

--------------------
We the unwilling
Do the impossible
For the ungrateful

Posts: 393 | From: Redding, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Being that you have a 94, which is the alternator most people upgrade to, I'd suspect a problem with your current alternator.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Being that you have a 94, which is the alternator most people upgrade to, I'd suspect a problem with your current alternator.

Agreed sounds like your alternator is going bad. I would suggest having the charging system tested to find out what is going on.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com