Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Who wants some side work/cash?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Who wants some side work/cash?
ilya
¯
Member # 6164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilya  Ford pictures for ilya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will need someone to do some basic stuff for me. I need an O2 sensor replaced, and a turn signal switch replaced (easy job, but I can't seem to find the right tool for getting the weird bolts off the column cover). Maybe also change my plug wires, but I might be able to do that one myself.

PM me if you'd like to help me out.

Thanks.

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These repairs can be done with little experience and ordinary hand tools. Ive done it before ad have some tips.

If this is for a fox, The turn sigal switch cover is held on by 3 phillips head screws. Two long and one short I believe.
Once the cover is off, remove the 2 screws that hold the switch to the column.Then unplug the electrical connector at the switch.
Installation is reversal of the removal.

On the plug wires, replace one at a time. start with the shortest wire (coil) to then the longest.

For the 02 you must get a deep socket to remove the old one. also make sure u use anti-seize when installing the new one.

what year is your car btw?

[ December 01, 2006, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: EASTBAY5_0 ]

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

ilya
¯
Member # 6164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilya  Ford pictures for ilya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks. I keep forgetting to post the year of my car when making topics. It's '96 Cobra.

The steering column cover on these cars is just stupid to take off - the holes are small in diameter, very deep, with a strange bolt at the end of each one that I don't seem to have a bit for.

As for O2 sensors - I have no way of getting under the car, so I need someone to do that for me.

Thanks for the tips.

Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What part of cali u in bro I could do it for u let me know
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
ilya
¯
Member # 6164

Hey, I'm in San Francisco.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
come over to my house and we'll get it done-keyword "we" ... just bring me some water.. maybe fast food [Razz] i haven't had fast food in a long time.

look at my sig, no need for proffessional help.

--------------------
=(

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com