Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Brake pads

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Brake pads
Roush01
Member # 6941

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Roush01  Ford pictures for Roush01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I recently changed my brake pads and decided to go with hawk HP Plus brake pads but I can’t seam to get them to stop squeaking, and suggestions?

I was also wondering if it’s normal to have high amount of dust?

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Roush01:
I recently changed my brake pads and decided to go with hawk HP Plus brake pads but I can’t seam to get them to stop squeaking, and suggestions?

I was also wondering if it’s normal to have high amount of dust?

did you have your rotors machined while doing the swap...if not they're going to squeal and wear the rotor abnormally...and yes Hawk pads have a lot higher amount of brake dust....

I'd get the rotors turned 1st though

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HP plus pads are racing pads and are not really designed to be used on daily drivers unless you like squeaky brakes and lots of dust. Hawk HPS is their daily driver performance pad.
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
HP plus pads are racing pads and are not really designed to be used on daily drivers unless you like squeaky brakes and lots of dust. Hawk HPS is their daily driver performance pad.

Agreed HPS pads work good for the street [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep hawk HP Plus do sweak got them in my bimmer. They are made for racing and do create alot of dust.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
First Place Performance
¯
Member # 6277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for First Place Performance  Ford pictures for First Place Performance  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:
Yep hawk HP Plus do sweak got them in my bimmer. They are made for racing and do create alot of dust.

exactly. You xan use a little anti squeal gel, but, they are bound to make noise. But noise is ok, if you want to stop better.

--------------------
First Place Performance, LTD.
www.fppauto.com
Your One Stop Shop For EVERYTHING Automotive!

Posts: 66 | From: Patterson, CA or Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
First Place Performance
¯
Member # 6277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for First Place Performance  Ford pictures for First Place Performance  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:

exactly. You xan use a little anti squeal gel, but, they are bound to make noise. But noise is ok, if you want to stop better.

--------------------
First Place Performance, LTD.
www.fppauto.com
Your One Stop Shop For EVERYTHING Automotive!

Posts: 66 | From: Patterson, CA or Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com