Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Car stuck in park

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Car stuck in park
04mustanggtkibby
¯
Member # 4202

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 04mustanggtkibby  Ford pictures for 04mustanggtkibby    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 2004 mustang gt (Auto) keeps getting locked in park, i can get it out of park but i have to press hard into my shifter and sometimes when im in cruise
control it wont get out of it ones i press the brake
down it takes a little more to get out of cruise control. Any suggestions would be much apreciated Thanks. [Confused]

--------------------
-Ford For Life-

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The wiring to the brake light switch is broken at the switch connector. Take a look on the brake pedal under the dash - give a light tug on the wires to find the broken one.

[ November 26, 2006, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: BlueOvalRacing ]

gt1990gt
¯
Member # 7211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt1990gt  Ford pictures for gt1990gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
about time you asked mike

--------------------
1990 Mustang Gt
Blue 17'' 1993 Cobra wheels

Posts: 314 | From: Vacaville Ca | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :
04mustanggtkibby
¯
Member # 4202

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04mustanggtkibby  Ford pictures for 04mustanggtkibby    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks

--------------------
-Ford For Life-

04mustanggtkibby
¯
Member # 4202

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04mustanggtkibby  Ford pictures for 04mustanggtkibby    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The cord is ripped out and i cant get the old copper i guess is still in there out to put it back in and clamp it down any suggestions how to get it out or should i just get a new one?

--------------------
-Ford For Life-

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most Ford dealers have pigtail connectors with about 6" of wire attached. Or, you can go to pick n pull to cut the switch connector off another car. You can use butt connectors or solder them to splice them together. Or, you can try to solder the end of the wire to the original connector.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com