Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » x pipe reinstall

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: x pipe reinstall
whyteLX5.0
¯
Member # 6023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whyteLX5.0  Ford pictures for whyteLX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I took the x pipe off to change the clutch and now its a bitch to get back on. I got it back on there enventually but it didnt correctly seal against the collector. So i took it off to give it another shot. Any suggestions on reinstalling it.

by the way this is on a 91 fox with bbk shorties and bbk 2 cat x pipe.

Posts: 195 | From: Pittsburg/Antioch | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid  Ford pictures for two-gun kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get some wd40 and spray down the hangers on the tranny mount and the hangers on the mid pipe should slide right in, slowly tighten the bolts and tighten on side then go to the other side and tighten so go back and forth till they are tight.

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was messing around with my x-pipe yesterday. I had a friend put pressure in the area where I needed (while I was tightening the bolts). So everything would line up properly.

make sure you have it right side up?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
whyteLX5.0
¯
Member # 6023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whyteLX5.0  Ford pictures for whyteLX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks, And when you say tighten on one side then go to the other you mean driver side then passenger right? or do you mean just both bolts on the driver side header?
Posts: 195 | From: Pittsburg/Antioch | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I found that cutting off the hangers makes it WAY easier to reinstall the pipe, if its too low for you they make some rubber exhaust hangers

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid  Ford pictures for two-gun kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by whyteLX5.0:
thanks, And when you say tighten on one side then go to the other you mean driver side then passenger right? or do you mean just both bolts on the driver side header?

Yes do 1 side at a time, tighten both bolts a little bit(a few turns) then go to the other side so they connect evenly

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com