Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Someones got to know if this will fit ?!?!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Someones got to know if this will fit ?!?!
gt1990gt
¯
Member # 7211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt1990gt  Ford pictures for gt1990gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got 245/40/17's right know all the way around. i have the 17 by 8.5 cobra replicas i want to run the fatest tire possible in the rear maybe a hair taller to will 275/45/17 fit?? i got bbk lowering springs right know i need tires hella bad someone chime in thanks a lot.
dan

--------------------
1990 Mustang Gt
Blue 17'' 1993 Cobra wheels

Posts: 314 | From: Vacaville Ca | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :
Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the 245/40-17's are 24.7in tall and 9.8in wide
the 275/40-17's are 26.0in tall and 11.0in wide

Some people say that the 275's will fit a fox without modifications, but most likely you will have to remove or flip the quad shocks and possibly roll the fender lips

but who knows, using the specs I provided, measure to be sure

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
gt1990gt
¯
Member # 7211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gt1990gt  Ford pictures for gt1990gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how about 265/40/17?? with nol problems??

--------------------
1990 Mustang Gt

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just put some 275/40/17' on the back on my '92. I didn't have any issues w/ clearing the quad shock but I will have to roll my fender as they do rub a bit.

The rubbing is pretty minor so a little massaging will hopefully do the trick. I would guess that 265/40/17's will fit but it would probably be best to have a tire shop fit them and see.

Make sure you have at least 17x9" rims. They won't mount on 17x8"'s. I learned this one the hard way [Wink]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
hockeyguy713
¯
Member # 5354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hockeyguy713  Ford pictures for hockeyguy713    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I mounted some BFG 275-40-17 Drag Radials on my cobra repilcations and only had to fliip the quad shock. By the way, it was an 8" rim
gt1990gt
¯
Member # 7211

so it should be cool for a daily driver if i flip the quads with the 275/40's???? also whats it ride like if i take off the quads?? right know my stock struts shocks and quads have over 300K miles i have ordered new ones but i want to use quads. the car bounces all over the road right now so hopefully after the new shocks quads and struts and new control arms thanks (john b) for letting me know it should be cool

--------------------
1990 Mustang Gt

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com