Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » rear pinion angle.. i just f*ed up.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: rear pinion angle.. i just f*ed up.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so.. i've had a set of upper adjustable control arms sitting in my garage for over 5 months.
I never bother instaling them because i didn't have the tool nor knew the procedure to asjust the pinion angle.
Well.. today i decided to install them.
I measured the length of the stock ones and the Adjustable ones.. one side lined up great.. the other one i had to mess with it a little bit to get it to fit. Took me about 20 minutes.. the bolts came right off for the first time in my life i had no issues...
So i went for a drive afterwards.. and now the car won't stop spinning the tires.. i mean.. it'll just be spin city all the way to third.
My question is... what is the worst that can happen if my pineon is off.. it feels like i actually raised the pinion in relationship to the ground.
I wanted to take it to infineon tomorrow hoping for 12s, but i just might skip the trip if i'll just get crappy times.
Thanks.
Jersey

[ November 24, 2006, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

white50steve
¯
Member # 5887

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white50steve  Ford pictures for white50steve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you should set the pinion about about 2 degrees down. you'll need an angle finder
Posts: 161 | From: south san francisco | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do You have unidirectional tires and accidently got em on the wrong side? I had this happen when We did Mine [Embarrassed] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

PonyXpress
¯
Member # 7084

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyXpress  Ford pictures for PonyXpress    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sears sells a cheap angle finder that will help you out greatly. www.baselinesuspensions.com has some great information that will help you out as well.

--------------------
89'GT Haulin' Ass
Nitrous Express ....My Heroes

Posts: 55 | From: Plumas Lake | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
Do You have unidirectional tires and accidently got em on the wrong side? I had this happen when We did Mine [Embarrassed] .

my tires have no thread left
[Big Grin]
....Thanks for the suggetions guys..
does anyone have the tool locally in the san mateo area and can adjust mine tomorrow?
Thanks.

--------------------
=(

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com