Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Where is the best place to get my car tunned?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Where is the best place to get my car tunned?
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm doing some upgrades on my 95 GT and want to get it retuned when its done. I know at this point I'm going to have to get a new chip. I want it right and dont mind traveling a bit to get it done so post up who you trust to tune your rides and maybe some contact info if you have it. [burnout]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Smittys Super Shop....j/k

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be getting all my tuning software by the end of the month,i tune ls1 cars and lt1 cars as of now,i have done many pms cars i have a mustangalso....We already have a chip burner and i will be using tuner rt pro.So if you can wait a bit we can get it done for you....We are in fresno at method motor works.
559 275 7640...
Ask for nathan or hennit

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90lxfoxbody:
I will be getting all my tuning software by the end of the month,i tune ls1 cars and lt1 cars as of now,i have done many pms cars i have a mustangalso....We already have a chip burner and i will be using tuner rt pro.So if you can wait a bit we can get it done for you....We are in fresno at method motor works.
559 275 7640...
Ask for nathan or hennit

What chips are you using? I dont know if I want a Chevy guy working on my Mustang though.... [Big Grin] j/k

--------------------

Abandon him.

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
antelope n roseville road. FFP...i think he charges $500 for a custom tune.....

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had my former coupe tuned at RPM in Rohnert park.. They had great customer service and a very knowledgeable stuff.
Give them a call.

707-584-8230 speak to either Brad or Martin.

--------------------
=(

90lxfoxbody
¯
Member # 6947

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90lxfoxbody  Ford pictures for 90lxfoxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you already have a chip i can burn yours,i have a emulator and a burner so it doesnt matter...Or you can buy a flip chip from us and have a race gas and nitrous tune and a pump gas tune....

Also im not a chevy guy im a go fast guy,it doesnt matter what kinda car it is as long as its fast....I currently own a 86 fox with over 450 wheel with heads cam bolt ons and a 125 shot.i also own a 72 vega with a small block goes low 9s.So again as long as its fast its kewl with me brand doesnt matter....

--------------------
Owner Of All Out Performance
Ya I own that Cobra
Old setup whipple and jug 9.37 155
New twins hoping for 8.50s at 165

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i heard smittys has hella go fast parts

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

redsaleen
¯
Member # 5565

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redsaleen  Ford pictures for redsaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would check out RPM in Rohnert Park. I went there yesterday for a dyno tune....no chips involved and I drove out of there with 100 extra rear wheel horsepower(at 4500 rpm). They brought my air fuel levels down to where they should by adjusting the timing and fuel pressure. The car drive perfectly smooth with no stutters. Im very pleased with the professional and knowledgeable service.
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by redsaleen:
I would check out RPM in Rohnert Park. I went there yesterday for a dyno tune....no chips involved and I drove out of there with 100 extra rear wheel horsepower(at 4500 rpm). They brought my air fuel levels down to where they should by adjusting the timing and fuel pressure. The car drive perfectly smooth with no stutters. Im very pleased with the professional and knowledgeable service.

[patriot]

--------------------
=(

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[patriot]

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by 90lxfoxbody:
if you already have a chip i can burn yours,i have a emulator and a burner so it doesnt matter...Or you can buy a flip chip from us and have a race gas and nitrous tune and a pump gas tune....

Also im not a chevy guy im a go fast guy,it doesnt matter what kinda car it is as long as its fast....I currently own a 86 fox with over 450 wheel with heads cam bolt ons and a 125 shot.i also own a 72 vega with a small block goes low 9s.So again as long as its fast its kewl with me brand doesnt matter....

I have an Autologic chip in the car right now but dont know much about it other than it was installed and tunned in 2001. I was only kidding about the Chevy guy stuff....

--------------------

Abandon him.

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Advanced Engine in Santa Clara. It is a bit of a drive but worth it [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry  Ford pictures for Larry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SPEED FREAKS IN TRACY..ASK FOR RAVI..THIS GUY WAS BORN WITH A COMPUTER..WHEERE ALTERED SPEED COULD NOT GET MY COBRA RUNNING. (HAD IT FOR 6 MONTHS). THESE GUYS GOT INTO THE CAR AND WITHIN A FEW DAYS ....WE JUST PULLED 684 RWHP ON PUMP GAS AND 11.3 AFR.. MON. RAVI WANTS TO ADD ADDITIONAL TIMING AND LEAN THE AFR FOR 720 RWHP.

209-609-8355 OR 209-221-8867

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

CobraTerritory
¯
Member # 6476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraTerritory  Ford pictures for CobraTerritory  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nextgen Autosport

--------------------
Advanced Auto Built
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords October 2013 Cover Car
1 Of 0 Bright Atlantic Blue Terminator

Posts: 1546 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
I had my former coupe tuned at RPM in Rohnert park.. They had great customer service and a very knowledgeable stuff.
Give them a call.

How much did they charge you and what kind of car did they tune for you? I thought they were crazy because they wanted to charge me around 1,200 [Eek!] to tune my 91 heads and cam mustang which I thought was insane!
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:
quote:
Give them a call.

How much did they charge you and what kind of car did they tune for you? I thought they were crazy because they wanted to charge me around 1,200 [Eek!] to tune my 91 heads and cam mustang which I thought was insane!
[Eek!] Were You getting a flip chip and renting the dyno for the day?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Larry
¯
Member # 5176

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for Larry  Ford pictures for Larry    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

[patriot]
WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR RWHP WAS BEFORE YOU GAINED AN ADDITIONAL 100 RWHP..LOWERING THE AFR LOWERS THE HP.

[ November 25, 2006, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Larry ]

--------------------
FAST COBRA VERT.

1EVLSNKE
¯
Member # 4789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1EVLSNKE  Ford pictures for 1EVLSNKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A.E.D in santa clara!! [patriot]

--------------------
LS WHAT
ORGANIZATION
VICTORIES:
GM INC,1 Sic formula(FRDEATR)

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:
quote:
Give them a call.

certainly nothing close to that.
If you/anyone else is interested i'd get on the phone and talk to the owner.
Might not be the $399 tune that you get elsewhere, But it will not be a 399 quality tune/customer service that you get there either.. get what i'm saying?

--------------------
=(

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com