Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Big Block FE Question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Big Block FE Question
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's the difference between a 360 & 390? Is it just the stroke, or is the bore different as well?

I have access to a free 360 and was thinking of using a 416ci stroker kit meant for a 390 if the only difference was the stroke. Ofcourse, if the bore is different as well maybe I could just get the crank & rods and some .030 over 360 pistons or something?

Anyways, just some thoughts running through my head that I'd like some feedback on. BTW, this motor will be going into my 69 Mustang. Thanks.

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the crank and rods(longer) are different the bore is the same(I would double check before I layed down some cash on parts). You can throw a stroker kit into it with no problem. As long as it includes crank and rods also.

[ November 20, 2006, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
those FE's are supposed to be pretty bada** when built, my buddy has a 390 HiPo in his f100 and its got gobs of tq, the only problem is that the intake weighs about a hundred pounds! but you will prob aftermarket that anyway

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com