Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » loudmouth mufflers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: loudmouth mufflers
JoHnNy SaVaGe
¯
Member # 6424

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoHnNy SaVaGe  Ford pictures for JoHnNy SaVaGe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey what do you guys think about these mufflers any one running them on their stang? I've heard some good things about them and was thinking about dumping the flows for them but honestly I love the way they sound with the o/r h pipe They probably flow way better than the flowmasters but how do they sound?

--------------------
SCARED MEN DON'T WIN

e89notch
¯
Member # 6610

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e89notch  Ford pictures for e89notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think you should just get them skunk 2 mufflers or Tanabe...lol..j/k bro...i dont know nada about them loudmouth mufflers..your shit is already loud as it is.

--------------------
Sleeper on the streets

JoHnNy SaVaGe
¯
Member # 6424

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoHnNy SaVaGe  Ford pictures for JoHnNy SaVaGe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think it would be much louder but I heard they completely outperform flows... just trying to figure out if they sound as good.

--------------------
SCARED MEN DON'T WIN

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.mustangexhaust.com/forums/index.php

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a video of my '87 foxbody with SLP LM's, Bassani O/R X-pipe, BBK shorty headers, and U/D Pulleys..Last two shots are me running my buddies SR20DET powered S13 240sx..

- Click here to see Video

The SLP's are very loudmouths are VERY loud. I haven't really heard any 5.0's around as loud, mainly because it's basically just a straight pipe all the way through. They aren't really much or a muffler, more like a glasspack. I've ran O/R H & X-pipes with flowmaster dumped, turndowned and with tips out back but I personally like the SLP's with the Bassani X on there right now the most..I can understand why some people hate the SLP LM loud and raspy sound and why some like it, but personally I like them..Hope this helped [patriot]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a off road h and LM2 on my coupe, it isnt as loud as i thought they would be.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
JoHnNy SaVaGe
¯
Member # 6424

I think the LM2's are not as loud as the LM1's what kind of mufflers did you have on it b4 the LM's?

--------------------
SCARED MEN DON'T WIN

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JoHnNy SaVaGe:
I think the LM2's are not as loud as the LM1's what kind of mufflers did you have on it b4 the LM's?

LM2 are supposed to be louder.everyone that has heard ot said it sounds sick and just at the right sound level.
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
k the video is working now..didn't upload right at first
Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
quote:

LM2 are supposed to be louder.everyone that has heard ot said it sounds sick and just at the right sound level.
LM2's are supposed to be quieter than the original LM1's.

I had the LM2's on my mach with an bassani o/r x... sounded pretty good imo.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
quote:

when i called SLP, they told me between the newer sets the LM2 are louder then the LM1, never knew they changed up the design.
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
quote:

when i called SLP, they told me between the newer sets the LM2 are louder then the LM1, never knew they changed up the design.
You must have called the wrong place then.

They havent changed the design. Look at the design of their LM1 (resonators) and compare it to the LM2 (mufflers)... theres no way the LM2 would be louder. They took the LM1 design and added the inner core mesh material and the packign around it, which was all designed to reduce noise and help to eliminate some of the 'raspiness' the LM1 is known to have.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Aereon
¯
Member # 6466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aereon  Ford pictures for Aereon    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have slp lmII's with a catted slp x, I love the sound and the tips are nice=P only thing i'd change is i'm looking into 4" tips heh
First Place Performance
¯
Member # 6277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for First Place Performance  Ford pictures for First Place Performance  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, the Loudmouth II's are quieter the the Original Loudmouth's.

In SLP's noise level from loudest to quietest:
Loudmouth
Loudmouth II's
PowerFlo's

--------------------
First Place Performance, LTD.
www.fppauto.com
Your One Stop Shop For EVERYTHING Automotive!

Posts: 66 | From: Patterson, CA or Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com