Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 1.7 rocker arm question....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1.7 rocker arm question....
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
since clevelands use the 1.72 rocker arm with trunions...has anyone tried using these on the 302's with any problems? i was thinking of putting these on for a low-buck upgrade?! your thoughts everyone? thanks for your time.

Ernesto

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

a50sn95
¯
Member # 527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a50sn95  Ford pictures for a50sn95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good Question. I honestly don't know the answer, but I've never heard of it being done. Since the "335" series is canted valve, I kind of doubt it. My guess is that they are too wide to fit next to each other in an inline configuration.
It's been a few years since I've seen 351C rockers, but they did seem very wide.
Anyway, if you have some, someone has to have a head off a car you can try them on....

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by a50sn95:
Good Question. I honestly don't know the answer, but I've never heard of it being done. Since the "335" series is canted valve, I kind of doubt it. My guess is that they are too wide to fit next to each other in an inline configuration.
It's been a few years since I've seen 351C rockers, but they did seem very wide.
Anyway, if you have some, someone has to have a head off a car you can try them on....

hmmm good point on the wideness of the rockers! i ll have to check into that! [Confused] thanks! [patriot]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

BlownNOSMustang
¯
Member # 158

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlownNOSMustang  Ford pictures for BlownNOSMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 1993 302 Hatch. I have the Crane 1.7 rollers They work fine. I have had them for 10 years.
Posts: 238 | From: Cow Town,USA. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlownNOSMustang:
I have a 1993 302 Hatch. I have the Crane 1.7 rollers They work fine. I have had them for 10 years.

10 years ago when you got them were they originally sold for cleveland engines?

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com