Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Dome light stuck on

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Dome light stuck on
WayFastYTee
Yes I'm Whipped!
Member # 6116

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WayFastYTee  Ford pictures for WayFastYTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i havnt used my dome light in along time i remember the light stayed on,so tonight i put a new bulb in it and it still stays on all teh time checked teh light dimmer to make sure it wasnt on etc.what else could make it stay on?is there something in the door maybe not hitting or something else? please let me know if you have any ideas,Thanks

--------------------
89 GT, Chica Ba Wow!!!

I think Putter has a Crush on me! Im flattered :X

Posts: 1029 | From: rohnert park | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a push button inside each door jam, under the hinge that turns off the done light when you press it in. Use a socket to remove it and take it to the junk yard. Dozens of fords used the same dome light switch.

--------------------
Bring It . . .

a50sn95
¯
Member # 527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a50sn95  Ford pictures for a50sn95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 86 had a rubber cover over the switch, which made the switch hard to see. I had this same problem, because the switch actually pushed through the panel and wouldn't disconnect when the door closed. I'd check the drivers side first, since it gets used more....
WayFastYTee
Yes I'm Whipped!
Member # 6116

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WayFastYTee  Ford pictures for WayFastYTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok i took it out from inside and ther eis liek a metal small cable on teh end of it,and its broke where does that go?and off the inside of my seat belt there is a blue wire that is cut as well with a hole inside it where maybe taht wire could have gone?is there a way to bypass this or what do i need to do?

--------------------
89 GT, Chica Ba Wow!!!

WayFastYTee
Yes I'm Whipped!
Member # 6116

sorry for all the typos hands were greasy,So what all do i need to fix it off the seat belt is that where the wire goes?I took the wire inside the seat belt off and i think thats where the wire goes.What does it do in there,all i saw was a metal flappy thing in there.is there a way to bypass this with still being able to use the dome light,I dont care if it comes on-off when i open the door,any help would be appreciated ,thanks...IM CONFUSED!! [Confused]

--------------------
89 GT, Chica Ba Wow!!!

WayFastYTee
Yes I'm Whipped!
Member # 6116

anyone know?

--------------------
89 GT, Chica Ba Wow!!!

WayFastYTee
Yes I'm Whipped!
Member # 6116

do i just need a new push button sensor thingy? or what would i need.doesnt that cable on the end of it go into the seat belt in some way?.how would i replace all that?i need enw seat belts anyways if anyoen has sum black 1's for a decent price...and is there any way to bypass this so i can still use teh dome light,I dont care if the light comes on-off when teh doors open,please someone help.this is bugging the crap outta me..I hope this makes enuf sense.

--------------------
89 GT, Chica Ba Wow!!!

WayFastYTee
Yes I'm Whipped!
Member # 6116

WHAT WOULD THIS PART BE CALLED SO I CAN SEARCH IT AND SEE IF I CAN FIND IT,OR A WAY TOI BYPASS IT TO STILL USE THE LIGHT,ANYONE KNOW?

--------------------
89 GT, Chica Ba Wow!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com