Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » turn signals not working

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: turn signals not working
blk67stang
¯
Member # 6234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blk67stang  Ford pictures for blk67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the turn signals in my 88lx will not work the lights will not blink and i dont hear a little click either but The hazards work but only the right blinker on the guage cluster will light up. can you guys help me out with some ideas

thanks

--------------------
ford is a way of life

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had an 88GT that did that, and the turn signal switch was fine. The car was such a POS that I did'nt really care, and I rarley drove it anyways, but sometimes if I hit the bottom of the dash they would work for a while. I never investigated it anymore, but there was probably just a loose connection somewhere. I think its a fairly common problem though.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
a50sn95
¯
Member # 527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a50sn95  Ford pictures for a50sn95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The "Clicker" needs to be replaced.
It's the round thing in this picture. Actual name is Thermal Flasher.
 -

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the same problem on my '88 also my side corners don't light up when the headlights are on, but the insides do.

I believe it's my switch and some fuses.

blk67stang
¯
Member # 6234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blk67stang  Ford pictures for blk67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is the relay on the back of the fuse box for the blinkers?and also is the bulbs in the guage cluster replacable?

--------------------
ford is a way of life

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah its the flasher...i had that issue on my gt...my flasher is yellow and it cost me like 30 bucks or what ever at kragen and it worked....

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com