Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » tweecer

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: tweecer
Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spitfiremk24  Ford pictures for Spitfiremk24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
has anyone had any experience with this product, or give me some good advice?

http://www.tweecer.com/

Theres this speed shop where I want to get my car tuned, he says that if I get this interface, it will allow him to tune my motor.

Also, the tweecer has a dial that you can mount inside the car, you can save up to four engine tunes! I know this wont do much for me cause i am n/a, but It would still be cool to have an economy tune and a power tune!

--------------------
04 GT

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You are better off getting a chip that has multiple settings and it would be a lot cheaper. As far as I know tweecer is more for the do it yourselfer.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The tweecer can be a very good tuning tool if you know what you are doing with it, but from my knowledge it takes quite a long time to learn how to use it. They also make a tweecer r/t that has datalogging capabilities.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How are you suppossed to learn how to use any hand held tuner. Do people just experiment w/ them? I've always wondered about the hand held tuners but they always intimidated me because it seems so far out there [Confused]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spitfiremk24  Ford pictures for Spitfiremk24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well the guy whos tuning it drives for scca speed GT and owns his own vette, and tunes his own motec system, so I think he would be able to figure it out, right?

yeah I definately dont plan on tuning it myself. I also guess I can kiss my drivetrain warranty goodbye, eh?

thanks! [Smile]

[ October 25, 2005, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Spitfiremk24 ]

--------------------
04 GT

Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

ttt

--------------------
04 GT

a50sn95
¯
Member # 527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a50sn95  Ford pictures for a50sn95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have it. Have had it since 2001. It's arguably the most powerful tuner out there. You can touch just about anything you want. That's also the downside, there is just TOO much you can do. Also, the software hasn't been updated in a year and a half, despite rumors. It's still labeled "Alpha"
That said, you'll need more than just a Tweecer to use it. Laptop is required, Tweecer R/T (datalogging) is required. Wideband is HIGHLY recommended. EECAnalyzer ( http://eecanalyzer.webhop.net/ - Clint is in Dixon) is also recommended, especially for beginners. Since I don't have an '04, I'm not sure about processor support.
You can ask on the forum: Here
Finally, I'd be curious about the mods on your car now. I wouldn't expect BIG gains on a relatively stock motor. Ford does a really good job with the stock tune,you may pick up a bit with A/F and timing adjustments, but it's really aimed at cars with BIG changes.
Personally, for the money (even with the WB costs) I don't think there is anything better out there (especially for my car....), BUT if I had the budget I'd get the AEM processor for my car...
Dennis

SilverScab
¯
Member # 6092

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverScab  Ford pictures for SilverScab    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had it on my car and it was great, anytime I made a change to my combo I could go in myself and change values. But, be advised, there is not much support from Mike (the guy who made it) and you will have to rely on people on the tweecer forum. Not sure if it supports your computer catch code or not. When I got mine I had to send him my values and he sent me back a program that would work. Not sure if he is that available anymore.
Spitfiremk24
¯
Member # 5698

quote:
Originally posted by a50sn95:
I have it. Have had it since 2001. It's arguably the most powerful tuner out there. You can touch just about anything you want. That's also the downside, there is just TOO much you can do. Also, the software hasn't been updated in a year and a half, despite rumors. It's still labeled "Alpha"
That said, you'll need more than just a Tweecer to use it. Laptop is required, Tweecer R/T (datalogging) is required. Wideband is HIGHLY recommended. EECAnalyzer ( http://eecanalyzer.webhop.net/ - Clint is in Dixon) is also recommended, especially for beginners. Since I don't have an '04, I'm not sure about processor support.
You can ask on the forum: Here
Finally, I'd be curious about the mods on your car now. I wouldn't expect BIG gains on a relatively stock motor. Ford does a really good job with the stock tune,you may pick up a bit with A/F and timing adjustments, but it's really aimed at cars with BIG changes.
Personally, for the money (even with the WB costs) I don't think there is anything better out there (especially for my car....), BUT if I had the budget I'd get the AEM processor for my car...
Dennis

so you say I cant get the regular tweecer, I need to get the more expensive r/t? and what do you mean by wideband?

can you do speedcal if I get gears?

Yeah the motor isnt heavily modified, by the time I get it though, I will have a custom intake with 80mm MAF, 75mm TB, and upper plenum, so i plan on getting 20-30 hp over stock. I would just rather have complete control over how the motor is tuned, rather than a handheld device.

So out the door what do you think the tweecer with cost?

and Thanks! [patriot]

--------------------
04 GT

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com