Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Suspension

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Suspension
Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrly01Stng  Ford pictures for Hrly01Stng    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Which K-member do you guys think is better? Griggs, or maximum motorsports? And what shocks.. Griggs, maximum Motorsports, or tokico shock?? hmmmmmmmm all the wonderful possiblities..

[patriot]

--------------------
HCI blower built shortblock 285ci

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maximum motorsports and griggs both sell the top of the line schock, its tokico

i would buy MM because i hate griggs, and more than just because they screwed matt

i have talked to the owner of MM many times and he is a great guy, i watched them make my rollbar, would griggs let u watch them work?????

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MM K member is better, definately stronger...It doenst matter if Griggs had a better K member anyway..I wouldnt buy from them just cause (like everyone knows) they screwed 9cobra8-Matt...

Shocks are a personal preference.....Tokico 5-way-adjustables are better if you do a little drag racing...Bilsteins have a thicker strut shaft for better strength and give a great ride quality....For all out road racing Koni Yellow's are pretty good, but Koni Yellows DONT have good ride quality (very stiff)...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tokico 5 way ajustables(illumina), MM the rest [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have tokico in the front and koni yellows in the rear with coil overs and the griggs k-member just my preference.

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hrly01Stng:
Hey Which K-member do you guys think is better? Griggs, or maximum motorsports? And what shocks.. Griggs, maximum Motorsports, or tokico shock?? hmmmmmmmm all the wonderful possiblities..

[patriot]

You cant go wrong with either K-member. they dont make thier own shocks. The top of the line shocks are Koni DA's.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

bimmer24
¯
Member # 2450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bimmer24  Ford pictures for bimmer24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've driven both Griggs and MM road race cars. As I am building an AI car. And I'm having a hard time choosing a company to go with. They both have their perks. The griggs is lighter but is a lot weaker and you'll have to replace it sooner. A driver w/ griggs a-arms driving straight broke his a-arm in half. As for the shocks the Koni DA's (double adj.) are the way to go. Ride quality matters on the spring rate. I have lots of knowledge w/ the two different setups. I you need to talk call cell 925-765-4179.
N0SL050
¯
Member # 2719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N0SL050  Ford pictures for N0SL050    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have been looking into this aswell and from what I have seen & read about both I am going with MM they take all of the competitions parts test them find there flaws then make theres better and stronger. Somtimes there more expensive but u get what u pay for.

--------------------
Kustom Auto Detailing

Posts: 460 | From: Martinez ,Ca | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bimmer24:
I've driven both Griggs and MM road race cars. As I am building an AI car. And I'm having a hard time choosing a company to go with. They both have their perks. The griggs is lighter but is a lot weaker and you'll have to replace it sooner. A driver w/ griggs a-arms driving straight broke his a-arm in half. As for the shocks the Koni DA's (double adj.) are the way to go. Ride quality matters on the spring rate. I have lots of knowledge w/ the two different setups. I you need to talk call cell 925-765-4179.

Which A- arm. thier basic ones SUCK and even they will admit it. you have to step up to the race one.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

bimmer24
¯
Member # 2450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bimmer24  Ford pictures for bimmer24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Griggs has only two a-arm standard and a heavy duty. The guy was in AI raceing and had the stronger one installed. They have a few world challenge componets made strickly for the track.
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bimmer24:
[QB] As for the shocks the Koni DA's (double adj.) are the way to go. Ride quality matters on the spring rate. QB]

Ride quality matters on the spring rate AND the shock /strut!...Springs and shocks should be calibrated together....Have you installed a set of Koni DA's on a stock Mustang?....It will ride A LOT stiffer!..The DA's are a race shock....Even on its softest settings its way stiffer than stock!...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com