Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Cartech Turbo Kits

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cartech Turbo Kits
90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well the day is almost here. Im bout to purchase a turbo kit. I have decided on this

Cartech 87-93 Street Sleeper system
i am upgrading to the t-64 turbo since i will be running it on a 327.

Gonna shoot for around 9-11 psi or so. nothing too extreme.

Kit is 3,995.00
+300.00 for the T-64 upgrade

Cant wait but i wanted to know if Cartech is good. Everyone i have talked to says its cool, it just takes a while to get your stuff.

What do you guys think?

Mike

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep....takes a while to get all the parts.

Have you checked out the HP kits?
Go to the kit/feedback forum at turbomustangs.com.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I personally have had bad experiences with cartech, and have heard a few people on different boards complain about there workmanship on their turbo kits that they had got from them. Stay away from those assholes!
NorCalSRT-8
¯
Member # 109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalSRT-8  Ford pictures for NorCalSRT-8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I bought there twin race kit a few years back and took months to get all the parts. Pretty nice product though. I know for a fact the have changed managment since then and I hear they are getting things done in a more timely manner now. Here is a pic of my old twin kit.

-

--------------------
06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Posts: 202 | From: Northern, Ca | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Yep....takes a while to get all the parts.

Have you checked out the HP kits?
Go to the kit/feedback forum at turbomustangs.com.

another vote for checking out the hp kit, i have heard no one unsatissfield with the kit, and it comes coated stock, way better deal thatn the cartech unit, part tof the price of the cartech is paying for the name, not the quality

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

castor
¯
Member # 2765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for castor  Ford pictures for castor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BLWN99SNK:
Well I bought there twin race kit a few years back and took months to get all the parts. Pretty nice product though. I know for a fact the have changed managment since then and I hear they are getting things done in a more timely manner now. Here is a pic of my old twin kit.

-

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
SOLD!!! 7/07
Supercharged 92GT
352rwhp [old blower w/3 1/2lbs]
???rwhp w/S-Trim

2010 Acura MDX Tech/Entertainment
2013 Acura TL SH-AWD

Posts: 1457 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

That is a nice looking set-up. I was wondering if you are the same guy Jeff and Scott Peters talk about. You use to maybe have a expedition bagged and everything else? If so I have heard a lot of your rides that you have had over the years and it seems to me you know nothing but the best and nicest things.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

NorCalSRT-8
¯
Member # 109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalSRT-8  Ford pictures for NorCalSRT-8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
That is a nice looking set-up. I was wondering if you are the same guy Jeff and Scott Peters talk about. You use to maybe have a expedition bagged and everything else?
Thanks. Yes that is me. I have had a few toys over the years.

--------------------
06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

Damn that looks like one bad ass car [patriot]

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

theres one thing i really hate about this car, and i mean really hate, its not in my garage [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was talking to Justin Witwer bout that car and he said it never ran or anything? What happen to it? Oh yeah I am Aaron I actually meet you up in Reno last year you probably don't remember me I was with Jeff and Justin in Jeffs Truck.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

NorCalSRT-8
¯
Member # 109

It never did run. I bought the shortblock from a friend, and come to find out after we got it all together whoever did the machine work f**ked it up. Also we kinda ended up in a different direction then I originally intended. I wanted a 11-10 sec street car, and it ended heading toward a 9-8 second drag car. In the end I didn't feel like spending more money on the car then I already had, so I parted it out. Most of the good stuff including the chassis went to a friend of mine in Oakley, which I hear it should be together soon. I pretty much have a bad habit of starting projects and getting them almost done, and then getting tired of them and selling. Thats where I am heading on my Cobra.

[ May 21, 2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: BLWN99SNK ]

--------------------
06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:

-

theres one thing i really hate about this car, and i mean really hate, its not in my garage [Big Grin]
i just quoted the post above so i can see this picture a sixth time in the same thread [Smile]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com