Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » How do you remove the headrest from a 92gt?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you remove the headrest from a 92gt?
Andy9093
¯
Member # 1959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy9093  Ford pictures for Andy9093    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Planning on swapping headrest with a friend that has a 83 5.0 with the netted style head rest. How do you remove the headrest? Also will the 83's fit the 87-93 gt's? Thanks
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure about the 83 headrests but you just pull them out push the button in and pull.

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had an 85 gt with the halo headrests and they just needed a good tug to come out.

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BOUNTY HUNTER VERT:
i had an 85 gt with the halo headrests and they just needed a good tug to come out.

what he said!

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Andy9093
¯
Member # 1959

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy9093  Ford pictures for Andy9093    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the reply, I'll try and swap them tonight
SLiM JiM 156
¯
Member # 2753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLiM JiM 156  Ford pictures for SLiM JiM 156    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On my 87 i had to push a clip inside the chair to get the headrest out...

--------------------
1993 Mustang LX 5.0

Posts: 156 | From: Rohnert Park, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com