Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anyone ported stock E7's??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone ported stock E7's??
91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Has anyone ever done this? I dont have alot of money to spend, but ive got alot of time so porting the stock heads seems worthwhile. What do you guys think? I noticed on the exhaust port, there is a huge hump. Can this be ground off or is it there for a reason?

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it will probably cost about the same as gt-40p's or world heads, but if you have the time to wait around why not?

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im just thinking about doing some minor porting myself. Match the heads to the intake, take that hump off, if it wont cause any problems, and just opening everything up a bit.

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check this out.
http://fordmuscle.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?forum=11&8

Yes, cut those bumps out at a miniumum.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes those bumps can be ground of and, i have ported a set of E7s and u can get them to flow quite well mine flow as good as GT40 Xs. they do have bigger valves in em but im sure u could do good without bigger valves cuz there pricey to have put in. Good luck
Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say do it. I did the same on my 89 GT and ran great. Never had the coin for the heads so I installed the GT40 valve train, removed the bumps and gasket ported them. This was back in early 90's when after market heads were more than 1200.00 bucks.

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.cmc.net/~xero/Mousesporting.html
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have i was bored and i learned some at the sametime noticed a little differents after everything was done.

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you have the time, go for it. it took me a weekend just for the porting. i bought carbide bits off ebay for 30 bucks. the 2 links above are excellent

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

93LX342
¯
Member # 1793

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93LX342  Ford pictures for 93LX342    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a friend with a full weight gt and he ran 106.7 and 118 on a 100 shot with a small cam,ported stock intake and heads.the car made 260+ rwhp and 308 ft lbs n/a. and 365 rwhp and 450 ft lbs with a 100 shot.if you contact jeff s he can get the number of the guy who does the port work.i think you can get the heads and intake from him ported for like $650-700 including the price of the heads and intake

--------------------
06 f250 superduty with some mods.
95 f250
www.unlimitedracing.com

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice 60' in that notch!! jeff barely got ya though! lol

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

93LX342
¯
Member # 1793

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93LX342  Ford pictures for 93LX342    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think i could have gotten a low 1.7 or maybe a high 1.6.it really caught me off gaurd when it launched.we are gonna take it back to the dyno and see why it isnt makin the power it should.it made 435rwhp with a slippin belt at 11 lbs of boost.it should be near 15 psi and 500 rwhp.

--------------------
06 f250 superduty with some mods.
95 f250
www.unlimitedracing.com

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah jeff was tellin me about the slippin belt thing......and how he was shocked how it hooked! i was suprised myself! bald drag radials !! good stuff

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com