Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 351 install (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 351 install
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What gave you that idea? I was just trying to get all of the information before I started to go through with this shit. You and Erik are the two people I was going to ask to help when I was going to start this little project. So I do need your help. But not just yet. The march to april range is when I want to start. I'll call tommorrow around 3:00. If thats not a good time, leave a message tommorrow.

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't get the idea from you david...don't worry....I wanted to clear something up...I didn't build the 251, it's being built buy that sorry excuse of a machine shop R.E.M. I fucking hate that place. Anyway, I have had a lot of experience on other peoples stangs in the last two months. Trust me...I can help...many other people probably disagree, but I can...I have done my own god damn car a few times, and many other now. There are many people on this site who's cars I have worked on...feel free to ask anybody for references. Anyway, I will be happy to help...that's when Karl's 351 should be going in to..March-april time..so I will be in the swing of things ya know. Anyway...just give me a call bro...532-8753.

Jack

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jack,
You seem a little bitter about my comment. Why don't you just bring it up with me. I don't believe any of my statements were too far off, do you??? Oh, and thanks for slacking on my parts and prices...

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Erik-

Don't take things I say so personally. Actually, maybe you read what I wrote wrong. I'm not angry..k? As for you parts....I called and never heard back from you. Tim doesn't know what to do. They keep telling me that Jerry Bitler is the one to ask. You and I know how he is. I also told you the clutch was a factory replacement. If you want me to pick it up for you, as I said earlier, I would be happy to. Sorry about your brakes...I have tried ever fucking day, and I get the fucking run around...you know how it is. It a whole lot of [BS flag] . Anyway...I need to get your cherry picker back to you. I have calss tonight but can bring it back tomorrow for sure. Anyway, just let me know.

Jack

--------------------

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could someone look at the 357 racing block and tell me if it sounds like a solid motor or if its shit. it seems like a good price, but not if the company is shady.
thanks
David

--------------------
86 GT

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

oh shit i forgot this: www.indymustang.stangnet.com its the "357 racing longblock"

--------------------
86 GT

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its a pretty mild 351w. Even they claim it'll only run mid 12's. If you want to run mid 12's, just put some thought into a solid heads/intake/cam combo for your stock short block.

Dan- How has Keith Craft been shady?

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Jack
what the fuck is on your cell phone! I don't speak spanish. I called and got a message in spanish and didnt know what to do Ill try later and mabey it will be in english

--------------------
86 GT

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why don't you take all that $$$$ that your going to spend on a 351 swap and build a 302??? You can get more power from a 306 with heads and intake than you can from the 357.....and it would cost less money. Just my .02 cents

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They sent Ted a CUSTOM cam and it is just a reboxed TFS stage 1.

They also sent him the heads didnt say what plugs to use, didnt advice of smog port plugs needed and didnt advice of reducers needed.

The heads have a machined recess that looks like ARP washer would take up the slack for (7/16 to 1/2 inch) and act as the washers do when using 7/16 on TFS heads but they actually required the spacers.

They didnt send. Just a shady deal they didnt seem to know much about their product on the phone nor the install and reboxing a TFS Stage 1 cam and calling it custom??

Come on now.

I have heard GOOD things from them tho.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

so i guess what you are saying is that I should find another company?

--------------------
86 GT

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would just be careful.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmmmm....... any other suggestions of where to go? or should I take my chances. the motor seems pretty solid. well, ive got untill march to decide.

--------------------
86 GT

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
David,
Just buy a reputable shortblock. Next- buy the combo you really want(heads/intake/etc.). F the bullsh*t, just build what your heart and experienced pro's suggest. Horsepower is nothin' but money. Get as many suggestions as possible.

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

thats exactly what i have been doing for the past couple of weeks what ever combo i decide to run with, i know ill be happy. i cant fucking wait

--------------------
86 GT

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

I totally agree with erik. You may find out that a 351 is not what you want. It may be...but get what you want...either way you go you are going to spend a lot of money...and it might as well be on what you really want. How is your car doing anyway...I saw you the other day, but I was late for class, so I didn't stop to say hi.

Jack

--------------------

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

car is running nice and strong. the tps is still fucked though but ill fix that later. not really thet high on my list right now. i called your cell phone but i didnt know when to leave a message, due to the spanish. give me a call
David

--------------------
86 GT

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com