Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Getting some mods this week

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting some mods this week
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
But I'm having a tough time with them.
4.10s or 3.73s
Magnaflow Catted X-Pipe or
a Catted H-Pipe (not sure which manufacture)
The gears I'm leaning towards the 4.10s but the pipe I'm having a tough time figuring out what I want. I want the best overall performance.
I'm also thinking about getting the new Densecharger that goes from the filter to the TB.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Solid Snake
¯
Member # 719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Solid Snake  Ford pictures for Solid Snake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd go with the X-pipe. The H-pipe is useless. All it will do is change the tone of your exhaust. There won't be any flow through it, it'll created turbulance in the exhaust system that could cause more back pressure. The X-pipe will cause some back pressure as well, but the flow is a lot faster and less turbulent.
As far as the gears in the diff., I'd go for 4.10s, but if you commute a lot maybe 3.73s. But I think You'll get better results from the 4.10s as long as they are done right.

--------------------
2003 Cobra, Dark Shadow Grey
BMW Tech and MINI tech Master Tech

Posts: 153 | From: Livenomore, CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's what I'm getting.

Magnaflow X-pipe
Densecharger Filter to TB
LCA's and possibly Nitto's.

What do you think?

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get Long Tube Headers
Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Your car sounded bad ass when you took off and It's faster too. We'll have to line up and run'em. My moneys on the Bullit.
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Mark, so are you sold on the X pipe yet? You are talking about a very minimal HP differance between that and the H. When you lose too much back pressure you loose some bottom end, just like your friend did. The H has proven itself over and over again. As far as gears, we both no that the 4.10's are going to wake your car up in a BIG way. But for highway driving they aren't the greatest. If you going to get some LCA's I always say maximum motorsports. They are very streetable and will do wonders for your 60's. If you get those and some nitto's I'm going to quit lining up against you, for obvious reasons Happy modding

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Drew, We have to line up next time at the track
Thats what I was worried about with an X-pipe losing power down low. But I called Houston Performance and they Dynoed a Magnaflow catted X-pipe and it didn't lose any power down low but gained a little and the real gains are up top, which is what I need. It was 14 or 16rwhp, I'll findout tomorrow when I order it. They also dynoed a catted Bassani and it didn't fair as well.

Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Your car sounded bad ass when you took off and It's faster too. We'll have to line up and run'em. My moneys on the Bullit.

My money is on the driver. You can drive ten times better than I can!! I will line up next to you, but it's just going to end up making you feel good! BTW- I am getting a pretty healthy return so it looks like I'm going to have to get a custom chip burned to address the "SES" light and A/F ratio and a couple of other odds and ends.

on edit: I would get the drag radials instead of the lower control arms. You'll get a better improvement from the tires.

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: Bullitt208 ]

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright Mark, I'll line up against you after you get your new toys....but you have to still line up with me once I get mine. The motor should be on order in a few months

--------------------
AED

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Drew U DA MAN [Worship] I don't think I'll be able to touch a 13.3. I'm only doing x-pipe, the new densecharger and Nittos. I'm holding off on the gears and the LCA for a little while. I should be at the track on the 16th with my new toys

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Mark is there a site that has the densecharger on it? I want to take a look You will like those nitto's BTW. 13.3's shouldn't be to far in the future for you.

--------------------
AED

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

www.densecharger.com I'm getting the system 5

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com