Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » car is sputtering popping in the exhaust when holding RPM !!!!!Symptoms from what???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car is sputtering popping in the exhaust when holding RPM !!!!!Symptoms from what???
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He help me out guys!!!! When I hold Rpm there is a pop in the exhaust!! To Rich? To lean? Which is it ? Any info will help thanx!!!

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you done any recent work on the beast that could cause this?

Messed with the fuel pressure lately?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do not have a fuel press regulator... Do not have aclue what is set on... Could that be it I need a adjustable regulator??/ I did just install a C/L 76mm tube is when this starting doing this...But it is calibrated for #19 injectors!! ANY MORE IDEAS??????

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is your MAF facing up? Did you use some dielectric grease on the connector when you unplugged it?

No air leaks after the MAF tubing?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

No leaks that Im aware of everything is pretty tight!! Mass air meter is facing up! And I did not use grease when reconnecting. Maybe I should unplug my mass air meter and see if it dies. Hey do you think My thermostat could be messing with it????

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

I doubt it.

My 160 never did but each car is different.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

i guess I will check my TPS, and clean the mass air in the morning... Do you think I sould get a fuel press regulator??? Even though i hav stock intake and heads?? Could this make a difference if Im running to lean or to rich????

--------------------
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com