Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » BATTERY RELOCATOR

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: BATTERY RELOCATOR
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey have any of you guys put a relocator into you stang if so whats involve
and is there any tips you my have
since this damm thing came with no instructions thanks

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I havent put one in a newer stang, but i put one on my cougar. pretty simple for the most part. I mounted mine in the right rear corner of the trunk, to add some weight over the RR tire. Have to run the (+) battery cable to the starter solenoid ( i believe its on the drivers side of the engine compartment), and the (-) cable needs to be attached to a good ground point. Ive seen alot of starting/charging problems associated with rear mount battery's, if its not grounded properly... so make sure its a good connection.

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I installed a trunk mounted batery, and we ended up having to add anouther batter even with 0 gauge wire the motor would bearly turn over it was a high compression motor.. So we ran two batterys in the truck

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com