Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Ive missed my baby!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ive missed my baby!
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well she will be back on the road soon, new mods to the list are 185 heads upgrade valves and titanium retainers, a custom grind cam, a 7 quart oil pan, main girdle, a gear drive, new aluminum radiator, star clutch, black magic fan, powermaster starter, hopefully a tremec by the time its running, and along with a bigger tb and mass air!

I hope it runs strong!

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet! So what was the problem in the first place? Who did your cam? Are you ditching the solid motor mounts while you're at it? No need for them.
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brian at hi-tech did the cam, and teh crank was moving a tad and cuasing a rear main leak do to a bad thrust bearing from instalation. I didnt plan on ditching the motor ounts i dont see how they are hurting me at all. What do you think?

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So did that shop that installed the bearing wrong stand behind their work?

As far as the solid motor mounts go, they're just not needed for any performance gain and just make driving the car a chore. You could double the HP you're making now and 'vert mounts will still hold up just fine.... and not rattle out any of your dental fillings in the mean time

Can't wait to see it run.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com