Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel Pump - Has your's ever failed??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel Pump - Has your's ever failed??
BobS
Member # 822

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for BobS  Ford pictures for BobS        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your in tank fuel pump has ever failed, I'd like to know if it gave any warning symptoms or if it simply quit all of the sudden. (Mine has over 136,000+ miles.)
Posts: 1 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ihad 2 of my friends go bad. Theirs started making high pitches squeeling noises and sounded kind of irregular.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had two stock ones go bad. The first one was around 135-140K miles. I noticed the car had little power and sputtered. I drove it 1-2 miles the rest of the way home and parked it there over night. The next day, it wouldn't start. The pump had died.

The second time, I was coming home from the track when it died (mid-night drags of all times for your pump to die). I noticed about two passes before that I would get a weird stutter at idle now and again. I didn't think much of it at the time. When the pump finally died, the car acted like it was out of gas. I got a lean pop through the intake when I tried to restart it. I could hear the pump making odd gargling noises as I primed it. I installed a WALBRO 255lph pump and have been running it just fine ever since.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my Tahoe's pump made those "screeching" noises (was louder than the 255 lph in my stang) and croaked on me during commuter hour. Ever push a 5000 lb. vehicle up a teeny incline to try and get it out of the road? not fun.
other than that, never had a fuel pump go out on me in >10 years of driving high mileage dumbestics.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com