Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Exhaust question--->

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Exhaust question--->
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much do you think I'll lose going from an Off-road H (pacesetter) to a Catted Bassani on a Turbo car?

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the bassani pipes have high flow cats that flow alomost as one with out you should not lose that much power.

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I woudnt run the Cats, blowers and Turbos like the most free flowing exaust system they can get!

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
I woudnt run the Cats, blowers and Turbos like the most free flowing exaust system they can get!

She sounds like a boat with the off-road.
Aside from that, I like being legal & still having the power....but, I am pulling the stock H & slapping the off-road in till I get a Bassani.

Nate, are you heading to the track saturday? I'm debating weather to get a base line run or not.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey bro i might go on Saturday i will know for sure tomorrow night or friday i will post it on the board...If u dont like the H-pipe sound go with an X pipe i think u might enjoy the ferrari sound better, also what kind of mufflers u running i herd ur car at the track and it sounded like it was rigged for silent running and for smog just get some cat covers welded on dont be a pussy, show them turbos off or give me ur car

--------------------
SR

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

She's got Race Magnums. The turbo's quiet the exhuast more than I would think. Kinda like it. Glug-glug at idle, no 2K drone & muscle car loud at WOT.
Around here they give tickets for loud exhaust. Even if it IS SMOG legal!

...."pussy" huh.... well, you are what you eat.

[ January 31, 2002: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

i say get a bassani x with some straight threw mufflers...if u see a cop just push the clutch in and coast... Puss =)

--------------------
SR

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
then if you get pulled over, go off to the side of the road and turn off your car as soon as possible. It's chill, its already happened to me and i'm still fine. Cat shields!
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Sm0k1n GT
Member # 745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sm0k1n GT  Ford pictures for Sm0k1n GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does the X-pipe give out more power than the H pipe, and how does the o/r H-pipe sound compared to one with cats?

--------------------
White 01 GT, 40 series catback, k&N no w/ no silencer, Saleen Front bumper

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is a turbo car so of course the car will like the biggest down pipe you can get and the most free flowing exhaust.

BUT if you want to be smog legal Id take a look at the dynomax cat. H pipe.

The cats are low in the pipes almost to the rear of the front seats and they are pancake type.

That turbo car will be a really quiet sleeper with twin turbs and a cat h pipe.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, the lesson I learned about exhuast was that an X-pipe gives a constant back-preasure by frocing the two exhuast flow together creating the back-preasure. (aka. creating more torque.) H-pipes are more free flowing, give very little back preasure. there is nothing to force the flow between the two pipes. Louder, more H.P., but remeber there is such a thing as too open of an exhuast system. Yeah it can happen. Unless you are pushing massive power. X is better. But the sound has a faster backfire. some people don't like it. H gives a more throatier sound. You have to do it for what you need to gain. You can used bigger diameter tubing with an x-pipe. It will be deeper sounding, with bigger tubing.

For example: On my car I wanted torque gains so, I removed my h-pipe, put an custom bent X-pipe in made of 2.5 tubing. Took of 4 cats(my year had 6)and then used magnaflows. It is still legal in every way, not too loud. And got a reasonable gain in torque. Just for an idea. If you need a muffler shop, we have a good one in Dublin. Fairly Cheap.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Not much difference in power from H to X.
H's & X's give about the same gains (depending on where the flow crosses) until 3K. After than an X usually takes over due to the turbulant nature of the H's design VS the smooth design of the X.
Really (for me) the question becomes, which of the legal options I have has the most free-flowing cats. Since most manufactures use the same cats, it then becomes which catted design flows best.
According to Dave Inall (the incon man himself) the Bassani should be fine.
Now I'm just wondering how much power I'll give up.... off-road H VS catted Bassani. Probably less than 10hp at full boost. The Pacesetter H has a nasty restriction on the passanger side tube. The exhaust recirculation tube is inserted about an inch into the tube then welded in place.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not to be a dick...and maybe it's different now...the bassani xpipe has no e.o. number.

Jack

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com