Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » I need help. Drag Racing help.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I need help. Drag Racing help.
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't want any bullshit.
I don't need to hear it.
So save that shit for other forums.

I want to ET Bracket race by April.

Can anyone take a Mustang brother under their wing for a couple of months to help me improve my driving my stick car more consistantly??

I have drag raced on the streets for money for years. It is time to grow-up and get my ass to the Drag Strip, seriously. Anyone can beat someone else on the street, their are NO limitations. My goal is to be the best ET driver I can possibly be. Period.

Anyone?

Please post here, e-mail me or call directly.
Thank you,
Ted

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dood i can help you...i made UJSTJLS new gt do some cool shit that she did not know how to do

also ask Try2paz i heard he is the shit on a stick.

but really ted alot of it is just practice..just go out and try shit i mean we can show you and tell you how to but you have to apply that in your own way.. you will do good bud..

[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: TORQUEPIMP ]

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Solid Snake
¯
Member # 719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Solid Snake  Ford pictures for Solid Snake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Practice makes perfect, but don't burn your clutch up in one night. Let it cool off after a few runs. Some wheel spin from the line is okay, but not too much. Get a G-tech, that should help you out, also. You should also account human error and try a way of getting off the line a few times before giving up and doing something else, unless you know you could do better another way.

--------------------
2003 Cobra, Dark Shadow Grey
BMW Tech and MINI tech Master Tech

Posts: 153 | From: Livenomore, CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you want to be consistent go get an automatic.... its all practice...ANYONE can be good on slicks, so decide what way you want to go 1st...TED you should be making track runs EVERY weekend if you want to be good...let me know when you go and i'll meet you up there and give you some pointers.im only 5 miles from the track ..
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Solid Snake
¯
Member # 719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Solid Snake  Ford pictures for Solid Snake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Having an automatic does make it easier, like my Z28, 4 speed auto.

--------------------
2003 Cobra, Dark Shadow Grey
BMW Tech and MINI tech Master Tech

Posts: 153 | From: Livenomore, CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As soon as I get through the break-in Gabe, I will take you up on your offer.
You too Mike.
When I go up, even if you aren't running, comeup with me.
We can go do a few beers afterwards with Gabe.......
I would like to learn to row my machine better before I decide to go automatic. This way I know I make the best decision through trial / error.
Thanks guys.

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey man, I'm out at the track every week for the street legal bracket racing at sac. I can help you out whenever you need it. I only have one years experience bracket racing the 5 speed but I can tell ya what I know....lol Can't wait to see ya out there bro, later, Drew

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93ragLX:
As soon as I get through the break-in Gabe, I will take you up on your offer.
You too Mike.
When I go up, even if you aren't running, comeup with me.
We can go do a few beers afterwards with Gabe.......
I would like to learn to row my machine better before I decide to go automatic. This way I know I make the best decision through trial / error.
Thanks guys.

go next weekend ted i should be there for shizzie.

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
JUSTIN
¯
Member # 586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUSTIN  Ford pictures for JUSTIN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I argee if you want to go anywhere in bracket racing get an auto. aside from that concentrate on being 100% consistent not as fast as posible.the guy in the 17 sec auto truck has a better chance of being consistent than the guy going all out in the 11 sec stick shift .

--------------------
JUSTIN selling everything and buying a viper!

Posts: 310 | From: UNION CITY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If all you want to do is win at street tired bracket racing, you might want to borrow my civic. 1991 civic DX auto. Dead consistant 17.6 second passes.
I would only lose to someone who cuts a better light than me, period.

It's also not as fun to me. See my other post in the drag racing forum about bringing a FFW or NMRA event to Sears Point. I doubt it would ever happen (the good ol' boys from Kentucky would not want to come out this far, most don't even make it out to Phoenix, which is the closest to us).

Do you want to have a bracket brawler or a fun street/strip car? I'd keep the manual for the 'fun' factor, but that pretty much excludes me from ever being truly competitive in bracket racing.
Oh well! But bracket is all we got for now.
Occasionally you can run the 13.00 or 12.00 (or faster) index classes. It's pretty much the same thing as bracket racing though.

That Yellow94GT dude can drive apparently! Take a look at people's ET vs. MPH.

13.9 @ 96 mph is excellent
12.9 @ 102mph is excellent
11.9 @ 112mph is excellent

etc. The faster someone ET's vs. their MPH is a good sign of their ability.
With auto's, though it's not as much of a big deal. Best for manual drivers, I don't see a lot of skill involved in piloting a 12 second automatic car down the 1320. If they wanted to they could probably gulp down half a slurpee from the burnout box to the return road

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shade-tree,

Thanks for the complemenet bro, but apparently I'm only good enough for second...lol I placed second 6 times last year!!! I always choke in the final or something. This leads me to believe that it was just beginners luck...lol Funny thing is it was a different guy beating me everytime...heh Guess there is always next season. Thanks again man, Drew

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
once you are consistent, get a practice tree and sit and practice all the time. most races are won or lost in the first second of the race.

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com