Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Bad, Bogging launches, NEED HELP!!!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Bad, Bogging launches, NEED HELP!!!!!!
ponygrl95gt
¯
Member # 471

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponygrl95gt  Ford pictures for ponygrl95gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The 98 GT I just bought has no low end tourque as it is.... but I can't launch hard at all. My car bogs hella bad. I've tried launching at 1800 RPM (so tires won't spin) and everyhing under that, including launching at idle, and it still bogs. I'm losing b/c my starts are horrible.....Anybody ever have these probs before???? I just got a new clutch (dual friction) put in about 3 weeks ago, and I was easy on the cluthc for the intial 500 miles, so I wouldn't glaze the flywheel.

Can anyone help?????

Thanks,
Conni

--------------------
1998 White Mustang GT
14.9@93.9
1995 White Mustang GT
(parts for sale)

Posts: 172 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
O.G. Cobra
¯
Member # 747

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for O.G. Cobra  Ford pictures for O.G. Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when the car boggs down you raise the rpm to reduce the bog. finding that magic spot where there is little/no bog and no wheel spin is the key. remember the key to better times: a bog is better than a spin....slight bog that is.

you should be able to launch at a highter rpm. if you don't have any power down low you shouldn't be spinning at such low rpm...admittedly not knowing much about mod cars, i would think that on street tires you should be able to launch at at least 2000 rpm. i used to launch my 5.0 at 2500 rpm on street tires giving it enough clutch to keep the tires from spinning....

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like you need some 3.73 gears... or maybe even 4.10's.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com